Cooling off my KLX 110

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAWASAKI MAN

Reaction score
So I was just in my backyard riding my klx 110 and it's 93 degrees out right now where I am. And for people that don't know, KLX's are air cooled but I wanted to cool it off but I don't know what to do?

Please Help
Thanks

you can hose it off.. BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE THE ENGINE IS NOT HOT

this can cause SERIOUS damage 2 the Engine (Engine Case May Crack!)

so, a good way 2 check is spray the End of your Exhaust, if the water just vaporizes STOP lol

wait awhile then give it a hose down, but be careful & look 4 any steam coming off engine!

installing a small fan that runs off the Stator is something 2 think about if you go 4 long rides...

I had 2 do that 4my 2002 Scorpa SY250 Trials Bike, it came with a Fan but I had problems with it..
so then ran a Small Battery with a relay & sum electric mumbo jumbo so it'd run 20seconds after shutting the bike off! had help from my electrician Cousin :) haha but it worked AWESOME!

plus, if you ever get a bike thats liquid cooled, get a bottle of "Water Wetter" cools engines by 23degrees (Celsius) which you'll actually notice & feel on your legs if you've ever ridden long distances :)

"Water Wetter" is sold in Canada, I'm not sure if its available in Australia or not.. but you should go check it out!

cheers,

JakeStef

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back