Coolster 50cc new - motor turns over and idles fine - engine dies when throttled

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmayvf

Reaction score
I bought the coolster 50cc for my son for Christmas. I started with a 32 to 1 gas/2stoke oil mix. Engine turned over with a couple pulls. Idles fine. As soon as i try and throttle up the engine dies. I loosened the chain, but it wasnt the problem. Pet****s are open. Not sure what it could be. Thoughts?

Thanks!

choke still on? or didn't use choke at all and engine still cold?

I bought the coolster 50cc for my son for Christmas. I started with a 32 to 1 gas/2stoke oil mix. Engine turned over with a couple pulls. Idles fine. As soon as i try and throttle up the engine dies. I loosened the chain, but it wasnt the problem. Pet****s are open. Not sure what it could be. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Have you replaced the Chinese spark plug. They run different fuel in China and plugs are ****house. Sometimes on the throttle the spark will ignite further in the centre of the plug and not at the electrode. Also is the plug tight. The two crush washers will flatten out on the plug if it is tight.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back