Coolster xr-2

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thealaskanbeast

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. Just gonna ask to see what you guys think...i have a coolster xr-2 with a 125 cc chinese engine on it. I have put quite a few aftermarket parts onto it as when i bought it used off ebay it needed some work. Question is, if i want to put a piranha 150 or 160 in it(let me know what you guys think about this engine) is it even worth it or would i be better off buying a better frame and building custom and taking stuff off the other bike? Is the xr-2 frame any good or should i invest in a new perimeter frame, either american or even a chinese perimeter frame like the orion? How much of a performance and speed upgrade would putting a better quality engine in it? Heard mixed reviews on the chinese engines in the pit bikes.

Also want to know how much of a performance and sound upgrade a new pipe (fmf power core or pro circuit etc) would be if it already has a chinese pipe on it that came with the bike I'm guessing.

Hmmm, where to start....
never heard of a coolster xr-2 but from looking at it it's a generic china.
Piranha = awesome little engines
New frame : BBR if you do, but there are a few other things such as suspension i would be doing first, and don't bother with the orion, it would not be an upgrade.
Better engine = better performace ect (self explanatory)
Exhaust = No performace gains (not enough to notice anyway), just different sound.

Theres a start :)

photo.JPGphoto.JPGOkay thank you does this look like a xr/crf 50 frame? I just am wondering how strong this frame is and if its worth spending money on it or if its just gonna brake. Im around 220 pounds. Heres a pic of it, any way for me tell if its a xr/crf 50 style or 70 or 110? Just so i dont buy a bunch of parts and them not fit.

Latest posts

Back