Copy of the KTM 65, (SRM 110)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atomik-Rider140

Reaction score
I was on ebay then looking up well, pretty much every moto on there coz i was bored. Anyways i came across a 4STROKE! copy of the ktm 65. Its quite unusual and just wanted you guys to check it out. It has a expansion chamber and a 2 stroke copy piping, muffler, it looks very weird as its a 4 stroke lol. your mate would actually think its a KTM until you start it up haha and put there glasses on to see that its a SRM lol..
SRM110 E/START W/COOLED 110CC 4STROKE DIRTBIKE - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 12-Sep-09 12:43:41 AEST)

Attachments

• KTM copy.jpg
    KTM copy.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
its a 110cc but didnt tell us what brand, i dont reckon it will go hard. but it retails apparently for $2000, lol i reckon its a bit of a rip!

that pipe won't work well on that motor .... trendy but usless

i actually found that the pipe is fake on a similar bike like this.. the "expansion chamber" is just welded on there and a normal straight through pipe is inside..
may not be the case
but a good chance

i would have to say it would be or else it will have like no compression would it? plus it has a real thin pipe between the muffler and the expansion, gutless i reckon.
someone should buy it and do a review on it :p

Last edited:
im thinking maybe photoshop.......thats dam weird wonder how it runs?

These things actually look pretty sweet... they've been around for awhile, and i did tinker with the idea of buying one awhile back... Not sure about the "water cooled" bit, havent heard of any china horizontal-based motors with water jackets, however, there are coolant lines, what looks like a cylinder that doesnt have cooling fins, and radiators fitted..
The "expansion chamber" is just a thin fake body welded onto the normal thumper header pipe. The motor still runs a skinny little header pipe like every other china horizontal 4 stroke, but it's hidden behind a fake expansion chamber.
I'm pretty sure it's made by the same company in china that made my KTM 250SXF copy thing, that runs a vertical Zonger 250... No linkage rear (same as KTM's) but it appears to have adjustable dampening on the rear shock, and if it is from the same company that built my 250, i'd say the forks are adjustable for compression and rebound as well, they're weird fast ace jobs... Mine had quality control issues with the tapers machined on the adjusters, but once fixed by a suspension shop, it handles pretty much on par with 85 big wheel jap mxers..
The main headstem looks pretty solid, as is the down tube... shame i dont have a spare $1k laying about... this one could be a bit of fun... Turf the 110, throw in a 155z or Lifan 150... get the susp revalved... better geometry than most mini chinas... i reckon she'd be a weapon...
Brakes are gay though. can see from the pics they are the same as my 2fiddy... rotors heat up real quick cause they're so thin, little rotor surface area, and a bit shy in braking power...
would still rip though.. :)

update... this is a link to the bare frame and engine being flogged on ebay...

PITBIKE & THUMPSTAR 110CC E/START COMPLETE ENGINE - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Sep-09 15:56:15 AEST)
It's clearly a genuine watercooled engine, but i'm a bit sus on it... i cant see a water pump anywhere.. one would hope there is one, but from the pics, i cant see it... no pump, no coolant flow... just an expensive pressure cooker...
Am convinced it's built by the same mob that did my 250SXF copy... framework and style of build is identical, just smaller, and a few of the ancillaries are identical. Maintube on the frame is huge box section, and the rear subframe is a great alloy job. does a good job of lightening up the rear end, but balance isnt great, cause the main frame is so heavy, the horizontals carry a bit of weight forwards of the crank..
Bracing around the head stem is pretty solid, and having twin frontal downtubes, i cant see anyone bending one of these in a hurry... Threw my 250SXF copy around the SX track at Port Gawler once, and that came up trumps in the frame bendy-bendy department.. Also confused a lot of people, but that's another story... heh heh..
It also runs a genuine airbox set-up, as opposed to the usual pod-filter, and that maaaasssiivvvely long intake manifold would probably be a bit gutless down low, but rip up top as air-fuel velocity would be increased... add an OKO flatslide, would make a good flat track mini.... heh heh..
The battery is held under the seat like E-start Jap bikes are, as opposed to under the rear guard where they usually are on minis, or under the headstem etc etc...
These are the only ones i have ever seen though, so getting parts like swingarms etc to fit, would be a bitch...

Would be a pretty solid little bike though, and i reckon you'd find turfing the 110 waterbottle, and replacing with a worked 140 or 150, and you'd be running rings around the CRF/KLX framed pittys pretty quickly...

^^^so the exhaust(expansion chamber) is there for looks?......how does the silencer work looks to be very restrictive to me

looks also to be running a air box to.....im still thinking photoshop

yeah the expansion chamber is just for looks... Bit like Yamaha Viragos running air cleaners both sides of the tank. one is an airbox, the other is a big chrome growth that serves no purpose...
and yeah, the airbox is genuine. seen one of these up close.
second link i put in has close up of the bare frame and engine...

oh and yeah, if it's running a two stroke style silencer, it would be pretty strangled and not breathe much, which is the opposite of "effective" on a thumper..

is that just a picture of a 65?? if not that is the stupidest pipe ever stay away from that for sure! i dont trust ppl that put an expansion chamber on a 4stroke for looks!

lol Nicko did you actually read any of what i posted about this bike above it?
Have you put anything on your bike, purely for looks??
If you say no, i'll ban you. lol. just like if you put monster stickers on your bike..
I think you'll find this bike, the way it's been built, would shame quite a few of the other "name-Brand" chinas.... just the watercooling that seems a bit shifty..

I did read, still wouldnt touch it! My mate got a "Water Cooled" pitty with all this flash looking shit on it and it was a heap!! ure right, i have a unifilter sticker that i got with my filter!

im just not into the "wank factor" when it comes to bikes! i just ride them! oh and im not even putting a sticker kit on let alone a stupid energy drink one! lol

Latest posts

Back