Cordogs $80 China build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordogs

Reaction score
Cordogs $80 China

So I came across this 10" roller for $50ono on Gummy on Friday morning and I thought to myself "Ive got a spare engine and a few parts kicking around, might be a good idea to cram another project into my already busy life!" :D

It turns out its a little Atomik and the wheels are a little rusty, so I offer him $30 which he quickly excepts and the goes on to tell me he has the rest of it in parts and that I can have the whole lot for $100, I pullout $80 and its a done deal!

So I get it home, cracked a beer and started to assemble the bike so I could find out whether or not the engine was fingered. Turns out its not, the little 50 has a fair amount of compression and runs really well. It actually started and idled first kick! :faint:

The little $80 China scrubbed up alright!

After hooning it around the yard a few times I grew fond of the little 50, and decided not only to keep it but to rebuild it. Not quite as in depth as the $100 China build, but a quick lick of paint, some new bars, pegs plastics and tyres should breathe some new life into her. So I stripped it down again and are now in the process of the paint stage.

More photo's to come. :thumbup:

Ok so I managed to get some paint on today, its not fancy like the $100 china I want this one to be a bit more low key, "stealthy" if you will. Probably so no one will notice me at the back of the pack! :LolLolLolLol:

Sorry I skipped posting a few steps in this build but I sort of got on a roll and went with it.

Here's the set of bars and plastics on their way.

Last edited:
how sweet is a bargain that turns out as a nice lil' present! :-D

Good score

Painting the brake and fork lowers aswell turned out mint :congrats:

What did you paint the exhaust with ? Are you going to paint the heat shield aswell ?

Used this mate.

I was undecided, was going to wait untill the plastics and graphics arrived. Trying hard not to be too copy cat, even though I've bought one of the most reproduced graphics out there! :D
I thought about getting some new suspension for it, but again its a money thing and the rear shock thats on there is more plush than my taki rear shock on my 88? But definitely need to do something with the front though. I'm open to suggestions....

I cant for the life of me find my hd pegs and bar? Also what else can I change on a stocker apart from the cam, forks and exhaust?

That stuff has ceramic in it , winning

You can change the cam timing aswell legally

But I haven't seen a stocker pulled down at a race in like seven or eight years

They look like straight crf copies , maybe crf heavy duty fork springs and 1" longer fork legs would fit ?

I just dont want to ruin our Queensland reputation as being good clean competitors! :LolLolLolLol:

Do you know of anywhere specific that sell those type of fork legs? I can only find the usd variants..

Haha , I don't get involved in the squabble over stock and 110 cheaters , im in 10" so it doesn't phase me

I think buzz bikes have them in stock mate

A lot of the boys here run star cross front & rear on stockers

For a stocker with 2 x 10" wheels , I'd run a rear tyre on the front aswell

Latest posts

Back