correct oil level lifan 150?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaneo

Reaction score
Hello. Can anyone that knows for sure (no guessing please), tell me where on the sight glass the oil level should be on the lifan 150? From new with the supplied oil in it, the level was to the top of the window when not running and while idleing it was at the full level mark. Is it meant to be only at the full mark when running or not. When i filled it to the full mark it goes down to the low mark when idleing. I know the cooler takes a bit but i havnt heard or needing the engine running to check the oil before. This was only about 700ml of oil. Doesnt sound enough. But i cant find the info anywhere. I dont want to damage it by under or over filling it. Ta. Kaneo :)

go with 900ml

i put a litre in mine and she spat a fair bit out

so i dropped it 100ml and all is sweet

just make sure you allow for your oil cooler the standard one is only like 50ml or somthing

good luck

remember if you put to much in all that will happen is it will over flow
if you put not enough you will have clutch problem and heat

you should also go for some heavy duty clutch springs made my clutch heaps more responsive and i'm told reliable

i've also been told they dont like 3rd gear either so keep your changes spot on

Thanks, will give it a try. I thought they fixed the gearbox problems in the new style lifans. I shat third in my old 140. Thrashed it for ages after third went trying to kill it but it still went as hard as ever. ha ha

yeah mines been fine to and it will get a hard time so i'll let ya know what comes of the claim

but they are heaps better than the yx motor there's much more usable power in them
i found my mates yx with the irk to quick to top out

I just couldnt handle the way the yx sounds. Sounds like lots of little men inside them with hammers trying to get out. And the short stroke put me off also.

yer what he said ^^^^^^^^

plus i like the idea of no oil slinger i'm even gunna go to the extreme of getting a paper oil filter if i can

but the biggest down side to the lifan donk is the bloody oil plug it's a bitch to get to

but i have made a short end alan key to suit it till i get a dress up kit for it

dunno what colour maybe titainium or somthin

Im still looking for the user manual specs for the oil level guys. Anyone?:)

Still lookin for a reply. Ran it all day today with it up to the full mark at idle and it only spat a tiny bit out so until i know for sure, will run it like this. Fark it goes compared to my 140 though.

Should be at the full mark with the engine off and the bike standing upright(not on the stand). when running this will go down to around half way up the sight gauge,

i use 900ml in mine, no probs so far andi ride 20km bush rides at a time

Every sight glassed engine ive worked with the oil level is just below the top of the glass not running and half way down at idle. As for engines that need to have the oil level checked while running Type 4 VWs, early Porsches and the Type 2/Porsche hybrid engine me and my dad built for his beach buggy need to be checked at idle

Latest posts

Back