council property track?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motophreak

Reaction score
I have council land right behind my house and i was just seeing if it would be alright for me to make a track on it (nothing fancy)?
its surrounded by farmers fields, and there's only a few houses behind my house.
I have a 125cc and if i get a good enough muffler would it disturb anyone, enough to make a complaint to the council?
I just don't want my bike taken away coz i just recently got it.
i don't mind if you think its a very bad idea, i just want some opinions..thanx

ide say ask your nabobs and just say wont do it at night or ealy morning, 90% of the time they will say thanks for telling us etc,

council here (sunshine coast) don't care, ide just be more woried about cops council don't take ur bike away its the cops

council might demolish your track tho..

Depends on your neighbours but I reckon you will find a buffer zone would apply and they would be within their rights to complain. Also to do it legally you would need council permission (good luck!). Although I reckon if the cops came you would only get a warning, it's not as if you're riding it on the street!

ohk yer thanx for that i'll see what i can do...as i said b4 it wont be full on fancy so their wont be much to demolish...and if i do it at the back of the field where there are trees and bushes they wont be able to get a machine in there:)
and i want my sleep in too so i wont be riding in the mornings lol

Depends what council you are in, in Melb.
Most of them DON'T like Pitty's and in some cases if someone complains, council worker, bi-laws officer or police catches you , they will take your bike, crush it and hand you a $2000 fine for riding, an unregisted bike and being unlicened.

Frankston, Kingston and Casey are the worst for this.

But you can apply for a permit to ride on the land and lease it too, council lease land for sums like $800 a year for a couple of acres. The Oakleigh Moto Trials Club get this kind of deal.

Last edited:
depends how nice his nabours are if they got kids say ile give em a go on my bike if you want haha :p works for me a copper in my street turns a blind eye to me even if on duty but will take down these fag kids down the road for having no helmet on there pushy s and i just fly past them :) all because i tough his son how to ride :)

If your neighbours don't mind then i'd ride there...
sounds like your in a country sort of part of VIC so shouldn't be a problem. However most councils won't allow you to because of liability if you get injured, so that's the general reason for banning it on council land.
My guess is if you ask the council they will say no...so don't ask :p

yeah my dad didn't ask the council to make a vegetable garden on the same property and they haven't said or done anything about it, so i'm gonna start making the track and see whats happening :D

Latest posts

Back