Couple of Suspension questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qik160

Reaction score
hey guys,

Question 1
I have a CRF70 that currently has stock forks with heavy springs and machined fork raisers and it sat level with the stock swinger, but i have just swapped to a Billetware +4 and it now sits high in the back and the front is too soft.

Any thoughts about what would be the best forks to put in?
I don't mind replacing them with a new set, but not sure which ones!

Question 2
I havent done much with suspension swapping on the minis, but a mate has a 2010 CRF50 that i am building a 88 kit for and he wants to lift it up.

He has a tight budget ($800) so what are your thoughts for raising the suspension at least 3 inches for that sort of $$

I see Tbolt has china forks, hangers, shock and swinger for $369.00!

Any help would be appreciated
Dan

not sure but crf50 marzocchi's mite level the 70 out

here's a pic i found, when i get my 70 this is the set up i want
crf70.jpg

EDIT: tried to resize it

Last edited:
Dont go china unless you have to..

for your 70 forks , go Marzocchies if you got the coin for sure .

if there to pricey something like the Gpx forks or Fastace- As01's both are pretty sweet forks . You would need the 700cm+ length ones , not to sure if they bolt straight onto the headstem etc tho.

For his crf50 , you could give him your crf70 forks which bolt straight to the headstem i believe , you just need to modify the brake hub mount on the fork leg a little . thats a cheap and good way to lift the 50 front end. you can get HD springs etc for them to .

And in the rear you can use the cheap china Alloy swingarms ,(aprox 2"+ from stock) the ones with the brake tab on them so you can use drum rear brakes , they use to be all over the place i even got one in my shed that i havnt got around to using , but i cant find them to much lately .
There cheap and light and i have seen them take some good abuse , have seen them on alot of 50's and they dont look to bad either .

Then just a regular shock that is 1" longer , id be aiming for the fox float , be worth every cent , and if you go the above options he should have HEEEPS of money left over

Thanks Wogatz, awesome information.

I cant really afford the zokes for my bike atm, but the Fastace's sound alright.

Will they bolt straight up to the 70 froame?
I'm guessing they only use disc brakes, so i would need to swap the front wheel also?
Where would be the best place to buy them?

dan

Latest posts

Back