Crankcase Breather Hose Blocked , Engine rooted?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benox

Reaction score
Hey dudes,
well today me and daniel40 went riding and when we got there.. daniel and my grandpa were looking at my bike.. My pa goes "Isn't that hose meant to be on?" I go nah, its never been on.. my pa goes "nah put it on you will wreck your bike".. So then I put it on..

I started riding for about half hour, and noticed my exhaust was blowing smoke, which never happens.. and I was really confused man.. then me and daniel were trying to figure it out .. but thought it was nothing so I kept riding for about another 15 minutes and I realised that I really had to find out what was wrong, so we both stopped and looked around and I go "omg, you reckon its that hose?" .. I took the hose off and this sudden explosion[not literally] of built up compressed water or air or something came flying out. Daniel thought I had completely rooted the engine. So I took it back and when I was going back I realized this sound I had never heard before coming from the head of the engine. There was a motor mechanic there so I went and asked him. He said its probably because i've burnt most of the oil when the hose was blocked thats why its making the sound. So I had to call up my grandparents to go and get me oil .. Ofcourse the got car oil.. 15w40.. but this motor mechanic guy said it will be okay just for today, but I gotta change it next day.. So we drained all the old motul 5100 10w40 out, then put the new oil in. I took it for a spin and the engine is still going, but I can still hear that same sound! I took it on the intermediate track and raced a few noobs, I came from behind them all and beat some girl on a pink proX, some little tacker on a ktm, daniel40 and some cunt on an RM, I own at racing :D. Anyway getting back, THE SOUND IS STILL THERE MAN!!

What should I do? When I rev, it sorta last out the "BRAAAP".. If I could type the sound in words it would be kinda like "WhhhhhhHHHHhhHHHHHHHhh..h.h."

Is there a prob with my engine? Should I take it to epping bikes and get it checked out?

By the way, I popped my tyre on the intermediate track racing noobs again and a nail [WTF] went straight through the tyre.. so I had to fly back to the car and as I was flying back it felt like I was drifting and I ripped the valve out of the tube.. :D

m0p says :
lol sounds like a fun day of riding =]

daniel40 says :
lol it was :)

m0p says :
daniel40 did anything happen to the mso?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
nothing happened to my bike ;)

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the noise would be but I would definately get it checked out.

Dude, I'm about to jump off a bridge just thinking that my valves are rooted..
Are there any signs of when valves are rooted?

Will that dirt eventually go away? :(

probably but if its sand its gonna do nasty work to ur engine

I'd say you ripped the valve out of your tube and thats why you got a flat tyre, it will happen again and again untill you get rim locks. Dont know about your engine but if you keep riding it you'll destroy completly, chances are you're gonna have to buy a new one.

i think me means valve springs are out or stuffed but i wouldnt have a clue but its happend to 2 bikes ive had my 1st ever pit bike 110cc started 2 do it within a month it blew all it was doing was blowing smoke??

Nah, my bike doesn't blow smoke anymore cause I took the blocked hose off..

Your oil seals are probably blown from the build up in pressure actually.

Sounds like you breather hose was kinked or blocked and when it was off all was fine and dandy but when you put the hose back on like it should have been in the first place, It cant release the internal presure and its presurised the case and blown oil into the cyclender and rooted the valve seats/seals ... you need a fix it otherwise your gunna be down on some major HP.

Hmm, well as I said in my first post.. at the end of the day I raced and the engine was going awesome! I fucking flew..

Its more than im scared the sound is going to progress into something even worse the more that I ride my bike with it.

just dw bout the hose :p just make sure the breather isnt blocked ;) the hose is ment to be there so it doesnt get blocked but obviously isnt working 4 u so try something else =P

I would say all the pressure just let some oil slip by your rings. It's just burning it out in there thats whats causing it to smoke or what was causing it to smoke. I would keep riding it even with that sound. If the sound gets worse stop riding, otherwise the sound should slowly taper off the more you ride it.

I would say all the pressure just let some oil slip by your rings. It's just burning it out in there thats whats causing it to smoke or what was causing it to smoke. I would keep riding it even with that sound. If the sound gets worse stop riding, otherwise the sound should slowly taper off the more you ride it.

It will either slowly taper off or turn into a nice loud KABOOM!!!

Hahaha

Latest posts

Back