crap or not,,atomik nitrous,125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jawz

Reaction score
hey guys,new to miniriders,just wondering if anyone knows much about the 2010 atomik nitrous 125,and whether or not there hunks of crap

Pretty decent as far as Atomik's go, but I'd go at least the 140cc. And make sure you don't buy from the atomik store, they go on eBay much cheaper.

Welcome to miniriders

yer 140+ would be the go,
as long as you keep up with the casual maintenance.
Also depends on the kind of riding you are planing on (Trail, Jumping ect.)

yeah i just got one for a friend. you get what you pay for but if your just cruising around not jumping extreme you will be fine. also like they said keep up the maintenance. should do that with any bike

only cheap bike worth considering really is the nitrous, all the others are basically the same bike just with a higher pricetag....

i own one that i purchased a few weeks ago, just make sure when you put it all together that you re-tighten and loctite all the bolts that are already done up, they are assembled overseas and some bolts might come loose on you.
As far as a cheap 125cc bike goes..they are fantastic. don't even bother opening the instruction manual as it is as useful as tits on a bull.(it's just an owners manual with an overview of the atomik bikes in general).
Change the oil immedietly as it is only transport oil in it, and run it in for a few hours then change it again...you will see why this is needed when you drain it the second time as metal shavings will most likely come out....nothing to worry about just left over shit from production.
The bike rides fantasticly and can handle a good beating aslong as you keep up regular serviceing as stated previously.

the air filters on them are absolute crap and when i tried to clean it with metho, it disintergrated in my hands, i suggest buying a unifilter as soon as possible it takes a 38mm.

the bars on them are shit and bend easy but as far as that goes i've just stuck to.."if it aint broke, don't fix it" but **** it, if you have the cash go buy some pro taper bars.

the sparkplugs in them are crap fake ngk plugs and as soon as i replaced it, it made starting it a ****load better and easier.

Overall a very good buy for the price. i am 70 kg and the bike handles my weight fine.
I bought mine for $470 on ebay and picked it up directly from the outlet in dandenong to save myself $100 in freight fees.

Yep, I agree with jimmie121 all the way there. Only other things i've noticed is:
>get a new RK or D.I.D chain as the stock one stretches sh!tloads after like 2 rides lol (420 pitch, 102 links)
>allow enough money for a new rear tyre as the stock one will crumble in no time.
>New GRIPS...unless you want to tear the skin off your hands get some soft grips :p

other than that its a perfectly rideable bike.

If you are on a budget the nitrous is the way to go. Don't listen to any noon or fool tell you otherwise. For te money they are great bang for your buck compared to any other bike that is around the 1k mark. Even if I had 1k I would get the nitrous cause better value.

If you are on a budget the nitrous is the way to go. Don't listen to any noon or fool tell you otherwise. For te money they are great bang for your buck compared to any other bike that is around the 1k mark. Even if I had 1k I would get the nitrous cause better value.

Yeah i just got the 140cc nitrous off ebay for $485. My first pitbike, been riding normal bikes for years. it seems to be alright, ive changed the bars, chain, sprokets, cdi, filter. Thinking about changing the suspension just seeing how it goes first. If anyones got ideas of other shit to do dont be shy.

In my opinion, if i had 1k and the choice with lets just say a DHZ 140 or Nitrous 140-160, i would personally go the nitrous, cause you you can pick up the nitrous for what, $600, then hey, you got a good $400 to play around with, and for that amount you could probly top off the DHZ, they are pretty similar when stock, DHZ would be the choice in reliabilty, but like i said, after you buy the Nitrous with $400 left, you could easy mod up the nitrous to have more power and reliablity, so point is, The nitrous are great bikes for your buck.

i don't see where DHZ bikes get all this super reliability from :S same parts as the nitrous except the frame and some minor bits n peices......

Latest posts

Back