CRF 50/70 style frame snapping

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TYE

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering how high I could jump before it snaps. It's a pretty thin frame but should it be alright on jumps like this?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373349922.053330.jpg

Yeah it should be alright but reinforcing it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Yea well I'm only 14 and my dad said he can't be bothered (as usual) but u think it should hold up?

but if you come down hard or anything like that.. look for cracks around the engine mounts and around the headstem

Ok. But I won't be going much if anything bigger than the photo. But thanks for the advice

Ok. But I won't be going much if anything bigger than the photo. But thanks for the advice

So everyone says but they always do eventually, I used to jump with a crappy frame like that, wasn't jumping much higher than you and both engine mounts snapped right off, one of them snapped when I landed a bit hard, 3 seconds later the next one went, head of the engine was dragging along the ground,
If re-inforcing it isn't an option is save a little bit and buy a new strong one, your not going to find anything cheap that are made for jumping but you'll beable to find something better than that

That frame the way it is will break or if not break it will start to bend leaving you with the rake of a OCC chopper lol. All you need is a small hairline crack which sometimes are barely noticeable and then under the right stresses can and at times will plain snap and you can be in a world of pain in the wallet and maybe in hospital lol. Here is a few googled pics of how some have strengthened there frames.
100_9714.jpg

photo1sm.jpg

100_0475.jpg

50frame.jpg

1030285.JPG

Last edited:
The thing is dad can't be bothered to strip down the frame and he wouldn't let me do it. Can any of those be done without completely stripping the frame? Like the pole under the fuel tank mount?

It is best from my understanding that the top of the frame be strengthened from below as you can go down to the back engine mount, you only need to remove the plastics and the fuel tank, prob the coil and then remove the engine which in your case is easier as the footpeg mount can stay on the engine and only have two engine mount bolts and unhook the harness. If ya dads happy for you to break the frame and not have a bike then that's cool, a frame that breaks can lead to some serious injuries also. In your case I don't think you will be jumping your bike mate.

Just sold it to my bro. I've got a bit of money now to get one I can jump

Latest posts

Back