Crf 50 - Crf 70

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitty98

Reaction score
Hi im new to all this and i was wondering what the difference in dimensions between a crf 50 frame and a crf 70 frame. As well as if i had a pit pro 155z engine would it fit into a crf 70 frame without having to go through the fuss of making it fit in? Thanks in advance for any help. :)

The engine will fit fine mate, the crf70 is as larger frame than the 50 but if you stick to the 14 12 wheel setup on the 70 frame then you kind of keep it around the pitbike size where If you keep the 17 14 wheels it's a midsized pitbike

Thanks for that help. I am now wondering that would i be able to use my rear shock on my crf 50 frame or would i need to buy a new rear shock?

set it up with a 12/10 combo, would be so fun to razz around on with that power.. and i dunno about the shock measure it, also what swingarm are you using?

Thanks for that help. I am now wondering that would i be able to use my rear shock on my crf 50 frame or would i need to buy a new rear shock?

I ran a 290mm shock on my crf50 style Pitpro. The shock transferred straight across to my crf70 style build no worries. Most use the same length shock, but some setups are an oddball size mate.

I ran a 290mm shock on my crf50 style Pitpro. The shock transferred straight across to my crf70 style build no worries. Most use the same length shock, but some setups are an oddball size mate.

What about your forks Carlts? did you swap them over?

the crf70 style uses around about 730mm fork length. Wheras the Pitpro used 660mm fork length.

I think the DHZ crf50 style bikes run longer forks though?

Yeah thanks for that guys, havent had a chance to look at all that stuff yet been fairly busy... On my DHZ bike now from memory i have 740mm or 720mm forks.

Yeah thanks for that guys, havent had a chance to look at all that stuff yet been fairly busy... On my DHZ bike now from memory i have 740mm or 720mm forks.

Latest posts

Back