CRF 50 With 88cc kit what size carby???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firedream

Reaction score
Basically want to find out what size carby i should run on my bored out crf50. 88cc kit on it. Honda shop tried a crf80 carby but when you try to take off quickly it dies. you have to start slowly. i wanna get a good carby but they have no clue because its barely a honda now (their words)

well the carby thats on it is a 20mm. i was gonna get a keihn carby for it cause the one thats on it is a piece of sh8t. They charged me $200 to fix the bike when i told them i wanted a new carby they just tuned it then said the idle screw vibrates loose when riding so you got to keep tuning it. so i called them after i bought it home and its still not running the best and said "i asked for a new carby i dont wanna spend $200 on labour just so you could tell me the idle screw vibrates loose" now they are saying they put a crf80 carby on it (to try) and its still has a flat spot when you try to take off fast so changing carbies wont fix it. any ideas what i should do from here?

mini is rite i know few guys that ride limiteds and they 18mm to 20mm have u tried ur main jets and pilot jets maybe take ti to place that has dyno to get them to work on it

looking at getting a keihn 18mm and then getting it dyno tuned. hopefully that solves the problem.

lol they sound like spastics , ya cant just swap carbies and expect it to run smoothly.

that the problem with taking your bike(or car) to the dealership, they aren't really mechanics these days, they are only taught to bolt stock parts together, not how things work. The idle screw excuse they gave you is pathetic, what they should of said is "I'm not smart enough to tune a carb, i just put in the jets that the honda manual tells me to." They're more than happy to take your money at the start but then blame you because they couldn't do what you paid for. One of these carbs should work for you, but speak to jamie about exactly what you have and what you'll need, alot better than dealing with the tossers at Honda
Classic Honda 50's Australia

bbr motorsports say i need 18mm keihin which is what their bore kits come out with a guy in oconnor two bros racing (western australia) he reckons i need a 26mm mikuni. which one do i actually need?

bbr motorsports say i need 18mm keihin which is what their bore kits come out with a guy in oconnor two bros racing (western australia) he reckons i need a 26mm mikuni. which one do i actually need?

26mm is just ridiculous. If your running the stock crf head i'd lean towards an 18 as it'll be a little better down low, that being said i have a 20mm on a stock(just an exhaust on it) xr70 motor and it runs nice. Whatever you buy make sure you can get jets for(some chinga pos carbs have wierd jets) because no carb is going to be jetted 100% right for your motor straight out of the box and if you plan on getting it dyno'd you'll be wasting your money if you dont have a set of jets with you.

Yeah im pretty sure it has a stock head im running a 20mm (sheng wey) on it atm. i dont know whether to get a 18mm or 20mm and right now i can't find anything anyway. I want a keihin. GREAT!

nah the carby is ****. i think the guy who owned it before me played too much. i have spent way too much money on that carby to keep it. I wanna get something else and start again. just need to find something.

again, stop listening to the dealer shops (the honda shop midland, not scared to name a suckey dealer). they wanna sell you honda. honda cant do what we want. I learnt first hand from the same shop.

you can get an OKO flatside on special order. or you can tune if what everyone else has suggested. chassichonda50saustralia.com.au have the carbs you are lookin for.

Nah it wasn't honda shop midland. This is the third time I have had it in to get fixed and three different companies have looked at it. they are right the idle screw vibrates loose. I checked it when i got it home to make sure they weren't bullsh8ting. Im done with spending money on that carby. I just want to get a decent brand and the right size now which is why i'm on here not talking to a motorbike shop. Im just a little scared to commit to a 18mm worried its gonna be too small.

So true about bike shops not knowing much about fixn/tuneing fast50s.
Jaimie at classic honda have carb to suit your motor. helpfull advice also!!

also there how to videos on bbr webpage, talk you though 18mm carb tuneing
BBR Motorsports, Inc - Browser Support Page
click on BBR Motorsports 18mm Carb Kit video.

20mm Carb for the 88 kit

Hi Firedream

The 20mm carb is pretty well spot on for the 88cc kits, we have had quite a few of the TB 88cc kits with the Sheng Wey carb on the dyno with no problems tuning the carb.

Here are a few carby choices -

Sheng Wey 20mm: Classic Honda 50's Australia - 20mm Performance Carb - Fits a variety of Hondas [TBW0125]

Genuine Keihin PC20: Classic Honda 50's Australia - PC20 Keihin 20mm Carburettor

Genuine Mikuni VM20: Classic Honda 50's Australia - 20mm Round Slide Performance Carb - Mikuni VM20 [TBW0602]

For a starting point on the jetting with the Sheng Wey try a stock pilot, 90 Main Jet, middle clip position on the needle and 1.35 turns out on the air screw.

Cheers

Jaimie

Latest posts

Back