Crf 80

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mileszodiac

Reaction score
Havent been on the site in a few months..

So my pitty is now a crf80 (bad choice but got it for $300 and it is mIIIIIINt)

But heres the problem, it runs perfectly, but then when i try a steep hill or mono it starts to conk out. Its like theres a certain balance point that the engine cant get any fuel and floods and cannot be started again unless the throttle is pulled on 4-5 times or the choke is turned on/off.

But it runs perfect on singles/etc.

And also, any performance mods/parts worth buying (no pipes or expensive as hell stuff)

Thanks for any info

Start off with the basics, pull the carb apart and clean everything until its spotless, make sure the jets are all clear. Pull out the plug is it black(rich), white(lean) or light brown(just right). Dont bother putting it back in just get a new one. Also with the hose off the carb check the fuel flow, it should be a strong solid stream. Put an inline filter in while your at it. You can buy aftermarket air filters for the stock pos air filter (i got a twin air on my 99 xr80). Search around on egay and you will find an billet end insert for stock crf80 pipe(you cut the end of the muffler and put the insert in the end of the can) which will give you a little more power(and noise) for cheap. Assuming it is a crf80(2000 or so on) and not an xr80 it will have cdi ignition so no buggering around with points(xr80 went to cdi in 92). Sounds like you got a bargain, being a honda it'll go forever,just dont try jumping it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back