crf engine has no spark

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhodesy

Reaction score
was riding and turned bike off, went to go for another ride and wouldnt start. so its weird. i have checked all the terminals and the seam good. theres a pulse coming straight from engine but from there its not carrying the spark. thinking it could be the cdi unit or coil. how can i test to see whats stuffed

thanks
todd

you say there is a pulse coming from the engine, at what part of the engine? also have you replaced the sparkplug ? or checked the end cap ?

2 wires that come out of the come out of motor that then connect to wiring loom. can i test with a mulit meter if it will get spark i havnt tried plug or cap because theres no spark when i earth the coil lead to frame. if u kow what i mean

no spark ay , sounds like the cdi man.. if you can somehow borrow a cdi from another bike try it and rule it out. if not , could be coil , which it never usualy is , faulty ignition switch ? or at the worst could be the stator ?

let us know how u go.

yea looks like its the prob, ill try and get a aftermarket form a shop then if it works ill keep it if not ill take it back

Latest posts

Back