crf250r not starting

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey guys i just got back from broadmedows mx park, when i got there i had 2 problems , that was the idle on my crf250r 06 . so i put it up a bit, and the kick start was kicking so i had to roll start it,,, i got half way around the track when my bike cut out.. i roll started it and it didn't even try kick over.. does anyone know the problem... there is also very low compression when i try kcik start it.
thanks guys

Maybe get the valves adjusted or new valves?? i wouldnt have a clue really :-| but valves happen alot on cr250fs'

yep
best case piston and rings

worst case valves

more than likely valves and if it's just piston and rings ya might as well do the valves

good luck shouldn't cost to much and less if you can do it yourself

low compression sounds bad, my guess is the rings but mine did the same thing and it turned out being the spark plug, started up with a new one.

defenly valves mate get some new ones and your good to go, make sure you get the seats re cut to

ooooh, the spark plugs always a good test first....seen that loose/broken a few times before:p

otherwise, meh...valves

low compression can be also caused by busted head gaskets (or other gaskets)
and also little fluctuations can be cause by the valves out of adjustment

replace ur inlet valves and maybe piston & rings. just had this done on mine

yer check ya spark plug first
but mostly likely guna be your inlet valves CRF250's are always going through them....

Latest posts

Back