Crf50 88cc Build. Questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiesenburg

Reaction score
hello,

I have recently brought back my old crf50 with a 88cc bore kit, although the people i sold it to have hurt the poor thing. i have competly stripped it down to the engine.. so far this is whats happening..

Frame is a sano frame and has been craked at the left hand side of the top engine mount. ( being sent of to a boiler make to be strengthened and powder coated.

the forks are sano also and are going to be sent to have new seals put it,

all the plastics have been spray painted silver ( crazy! ).. so ebay that one,,
and the bars have to be replaced also with a new throttle,

the electrics are competly gone.. so i have to start from fresh. so that would be my first questain does anyone know were to start on re doing the spark plug lead, coil, cdi ect .... ??

next is the big one.. the engine... the guys who i got it back off of said the engine was running bad then it stoped and they restated it and smoke came out of near the magneto and then it refused to run again, when i opened the left hand side of the engine i found there was mabye 200mls of oil left in the bike.. so if anyone has any ideas on where to start on that would be great haha.. it is the stock 2007 crf50 engine but has the 88cc bore kit.

any more info would be great..

What do you mean by where to start? If its where to get parts idk how new he goes but dratv.com carries a lot of honda parts right down to small screws its where I get my ct70 parts. As far as where to start if it was abused id tear the entire engine down and do a rebuild never know what's worn broken or loose. If it was ran with low oil id check the rings clutch material and bearings. Chances are it may also have a bad seal is there oil anywhere outside the engine (oily dirt) most honda 50s have used almost identical engines since way back if u need help just pm me or comment that's the one bike brand that got me into rebuilds I may or may not still have a coil if your still looking ill check

Latest posts

Back