crf50 forks to hard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewmitchell123

Reaction score
hi, i recently bought a crf50 2008 model. it has bars seat exhaust rear shock and harder front springs.

now i know it has harder front springs but it doesnt seem right to me that i cannot push the forks down... they push down about 2cm then they just stop n cant go anymore. if someone could give me advice would be great!

thanks heaps!

Crf50 upgrade springs in the font aint exactly plush with lots of travel you'd be lucky to see 5cm of movement .. they are designed for 75-80kg riders so if your a feather weight stock front springs might be the go otherwise maybe get the L spec fast50's springs

Fast50's do make 2 weight spec's of springs you might want to change the front over to the 30% units
• 60-150lbs which are 30% heavier than stock
Classic Honda 50's Australia - Fast 50s Front Fork Springs
• 150lbs and up which is 60% heavier than stock
Classic Honda 50's Australia - Fast 50s Front Fork Springs

yer i been using 1 stock, 1 hd spring for while now, thou front end was bit funny and pulled it aprt thinking the stock spring had probly broken , but was the hd spring haha go figure??

Hmm shattered I bought the bike like that n don't have the stock ones. Not that I know how to change em anyway haha. Is it hard?

Hmm shattered I bought the bike like that n don't have the stock ones. Not that I know how to change em anyway haha. Is it hard?

its a easy job... top bolts and c-clips at the bottom.. once you got the forks out you'll see how it all works..

Im sure theres someone near you with stock springs they'll sell you cheap otherwise give your local honda dealer a call.

It is possible the fork oil level is high by 1 or 2cm.
If there is to much oil in there the forks will feel like they are 'bottoming out' or fully compressed before they should.
Take 10 -20mL of oil out of each fork and see if it makes a difference.

Latest posts

Back