Crf50 forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the spring is held on by a little pin that goes through the the top of the fork leg

Yeah I have knocked that out, thanks.
Now how do you unwind the springs?
I don't know how to explain it, sorry I can't give you a better description. Do you understand what I mean?

Yeah I have knocked that out, thanks.
Now how do you unwind the springs?
I don't know how to explain it, sorry I can't give you a better description. Do you understand what I mean?

with great difficulty, basicaly the only way to get the stock springs off is to cut them

agreed with great difficulty, if you dont want to cut them.

I clamped the end bit of mine in the vice and then got a small screwdriver and put it at the end of the spring and hit it in the opposite direction, with any luck it should rotate a little bit, keep going until you have loosened it off enough to do it with your hand.

Or cut it...

grab a hammer and a flat head screw driver if you can use a vice it makes it alot easier and tap the spring with the screw driver to get it a little loose until you can unwind it by hand,
might not be the best way but iv done 5 sets like that and its worked for me

Dont cut them! It doesnt need to be done.

Do as they have said.. Hold the spring end part in the vice. Grab a flat blade and hammer. And hit the end of the spring in the opposite way, and it will wind itself off. Its very easy once you've done it once.

Dont cut them! It doesnt need to be done.

Do as they have said.. Hold the spring end part in the vice. Grab a flat blade and hammer. And hit the end of the spring in the opposite way, and it will wind itself off. Its very easy once you've done it once.

Latest posts

Back