crf50 inner rotor kit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutchy53

Reaction score
i have purchased a kitaco inner rotor kit replica (possibly bad move to start with but thought i would give it a shot ) and it doesnt seem to run properly the people i bought it off of are no help it doesnt tell you which way to mount the stator plate so i have tried with the stator plate this way is doesnt run but has spark
2013-03-28 13.34.07.jpg

with it turned around the other way it idles but is sick when you open the throttle
2013-03-28 13.31.43.jpg
[video=youtube;UW9F_6e9KoA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW9F_6e9KoA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

i possibly could be wasting my time with this but any help would be appreciated

The top pic is the correct way. I have heard the best thing to do with these is to combine them with a couple of litres of petrol and a lit match.... :bolt:

Sorry mate short of that i can't help much, was it running with the old stator?

I think its best to stick with the standard one these inner rotor kits are hit and miss some work and some dont from new plus i have seen the magnets come off on these kits also they are not worth it mate.

The good thing about buying and installing the IRK is that you can say you did just like all of us, good chance is if it is running junk is that it may have **** itself already, they rev like anything but you lose all torque and hit any incline of any angle and the bike just starts slowing up while still revving as the inertia of the light flywheel just isnt there. The 2 good things about the IRK is the outer and inner seals, hold onto them and throw the rest at some mongrel you dont like and never look back lol.

Latest posts

Back