crf50 or klx110?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC14

Reaction score
Hi Im looking at buying a crf50 or klx110. which one of these bikes is better? and how much are the klx's? and is it better to buy a bike thats already modded or to buy a stock bike and put the mods on youself? which is cheaper?

thanks

just do some searches on tradingpost bikesales etc and you will find plenty of non modded klx's n crf's. and by the sounds of it your not capable of putting the mods on. i wouldnt be able either. cause youd need to do shit to the engine to make em go faster n get a manual clutch n dif gearbox. just get a china. way cheaper n easier. MSO's are good. they have a bit of a sale on atm. you can get a 140S for $999.

I think i could put some of the mods on(not the engine ones) but thanks i will have a look at the chinas

if youhave never had a minbike before go a china see if your into it. jap bikes cost to much :)

What are some good chinas for less than 2g's?

2G will get you a good semi done up crf,and if you like minis well ya set and if ya not coould probly sell bike for pretty much what ya brought it for!
Cant do that with a chinga.And can listen to people that probly most on here, hav never had anything to do with a honda(modded crf50) rode 1, or maybe even seen 1?
Or can can take MY addvice,some1 thats raced mins for 4years both china/jap bikes all over the east coast of AUS.
So choice is yours!!:)

thanks for the advice. I'm just wandering what the pitpro 140xr is like? is it strong? or is the mso 140s better?
thanks

i nariah think he has enough $ mini M, and its his first bike just for mucking around on. i had an MSO 140S. It was unreal never had any problems. only sold it to get an SR, they are a bit bigger so id be a bit more comfortable on it. me personally dont like how the crf50s are so small. but some guys like sorta flatland ride em. ive seen vids of guys riding them in skateparks in america.
i recomend the MSO 140S as a good starting bike.

thanks for the advice. I'm just wandering what the pitpro 140xr is like? is it strong? or is the mso 140s better?
thanks

The 140xr is a fantastic bike and is very strong,I have owned mine for 9 months and have clocked up alot of hours on it.Never had an issue mechanically.
I jump it upto 10metre gaps all day long and strength has never been an issue.Have stacked it probably at least 20+times(some pretty big crashes) and have broke nothing except plastics and pride.
MSO is said to be a better quality bike but having said that quality is not an issue on my bike,never has been.
There are areas that can be improved on, but unless your a racer completely unnecessary,out of the box it is a great bike and is hard to beat at its price point.
As I said MSO is said to be better but is upto a $1000 more for same style of bike,(MSO 140sr) MSO 140s is a normal pitbike size but the 140sr and 140XR are both midsize bikes.
Jap bikes are generally better quality but usually take alot more cash to get the same performance, and are built for kids to ride, if your an adult and want to ride it hard you pretty much have to replace everything but the engine.
Hope this helps.

And yes mini mullisha I have seen and even ridden a crf and unless you chuck about 5grand at them they are slow pieces of crap that bottom out over some pretty average terrain unless you are under about 60-70 kg's.
A mate of mine has one that has had about 10 grand spent on it(Luke Arbon actually raced his motor in the minisx) and it is an awesome bike but alot of dough to get it there.

Last edited:
Slow peices of crap,having to replace everything but the motor?NOT TRUE!!Was riding with fellas yesterday on stock crf50 they still had stock pegs and mounts and 1 fella was 115 kgs so ya dont hav to put 5g into it to be fun!
Hell i was laughing my head following em round the track these 2 huge blokes in these tiny bikes arms/legs flying every were ,bikes reving off there tits off!
IT WAS PRICLESS!!
THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT!!
THATS HOW ALL THIS!! GOT STATRED!!
So yas all should buy 50s and get bac to the ROOTS of minis.See how it all come about?Maybe then minis scene
here in AUS.wouldnt be so DEAD?

If you want something to chuck around heaps easy and do wheelies and stoppies on, go the honda. They whip out so easy it aint funny.

for 2g like minimullisha said, go the CRF50, mine went threw some serious harsh times in its life before it got stolen, it was flipped, ghostie'd, bounced about 10 meters after a mate stacked it, and it still started every time.

i was thinking of getting a z50. how much do these cost? and do the crf50 88cc kits fit on them?

thanks

i picked mine up for 300 and spent another 300?
Tyres ,seat redone,rb pegs and bashplate,and bar clamp.Still looking at bore kits,prob just going a chep 75cc kit as i already hav a 18mill carb to put on.
Oh i also had 1 H.D spring so i put that on 1 fork leg!works a treat.

yeh mate i know ur lookin at a zedda now but im 80 killos mate nd as mini sed there where guys that are 115 killos flyin them around and not bottomin out i am deffinitely gettin a crf for my next bike and when i get the money. You said that they are slow thats only because you ride like a pussy

I have been looking around but cant seem to find many crf50's for sale. where can i find them. and some of the stock ones ive seen are more than a new one.

with the crf50 what would be better? a 117 stroker kit? or inner rotor kit, heavy duty clutch, oil cooler, 4 speed? I think it would be better to get the second one and saze up for the 117, is this right?
thanks

Latest posts

Back