crf50 swingarm bolt size

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motodevo

Miniriders OG Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone knows whether crf50's use a 10mm or 12mm for the swingarm pivot bolt. The reason i ask is i have a oddball chinky frame that takes a 10mm swingarm bolt and a swingarm that takes a 12mm. I know i could swap out the bushes on the swingarm for 10mm bushes, but i plan on getting another swinger anyway and was wondering if i should bother welding in a larger tube to suit a 12mm bolt or not. Is it a case that 12mm is more a chinese standard like using 15mm axles over 12mm axles for extra strength? Thanks

Whats the O.D of the tube that the pivot bolt runs through? If its big enough, you may be able to run a drill through it to accomodate the 12mm bolt. If not see if you can change the bearings to something with a 10mm I.D

nah, its not thick enough that i'd be comfortable to ream it out to 12mm. I'd rather weld in a new piece if i have to but am wondering whether a stock crf50 frame runs 10 or 12mm swingarm bolts, so if i go for highend crf50 parts later on i wont have any hassle.
Cheers

Thanks for that, wont have to scrounge through my scrap pile for a larger tube(and i'm out of gas for the mig).

Latest posts

Back