CRF70 good starting place?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fowlfanatics

Reaction score
I am new to the pitbike scene and am wanting to get totally into it. I have a friend that has a 2008 CRF70 they want $700 for. 1st off is that a good price and is it a good place to start? The bike is like new. Not hardly used at all.

What year is it? That's a pretty good price, people still try to sell 2005 crf50's for more than that in NSW! I'd buy it for sure assuming it's well looked after.

I am new to the pitbike scene and am wanting to get totally into it. I have a friend that has a 2008 CRF70 they want $700 for. 1st off is that a good price and is it a good place to start? The bike is like new. Not hardly used at all.

Prices in Australia and USA vary vastly in 2nd hand.. in Australia $700 would be a bargin , but in USA that might be on the high side for a stock crf70

How much can I expect to pay to get it where it is a badass machine? Want it fast and not bottoming out on me. Suspension swing arm motor exhaust ....ect ect.

Oh ok, if you're located in America then it may not be as good of a deal. In Aus $700 would be a bargain price.

Swapper is sort of right, you could spend $10,000 (probably even more) on it if you wanted, but you could also ride it stock and still be happy with it. You'll probably just need a bar kit ($200) to put adult sized handle bars on it, and maybe some basic suspension mods which you could do for maybe $250, probably cheaper if you wanted.
You could spend your life savings building one of these, but all I have on mine is a bar kit, rear shock and uni filter which cost me a total of maybe $350 and I'm content riding it like that :)

Latest posts

Back