CS8 bearing-kick start setup?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudskipper

Reaction score
The good news is I got my bike back, new valve clearances of 0.006/0.008 and had some work done on the magneto. runs mint.
Went out for another ride this morning and found my kick start was stuffed... no ride today.

Lifan 160cc

Got home and pulled it apart.

Shaft and pinions are all in tact, minor wear on a couple of teeth.
behind the pinion that links to the kick start pinion, I found the bearing had shatteredbike1.JPG

Labelled- C S 8
Dimensions are as follows.
Width-8.8/9mm
External diameter-26mm
Internal diameter-15.0mm

Trying to source a replacement? 15x26x9 open bearing

Last edited:
I might have a spare kicking around mate I'll have a look later on when it cools down outside.. I will pm you if I find one man

I might have a spare kicking around mate I'll have a look later on when it cools down outside.. I will pm you if I find one man

that could make my day mate, keep me posted.

Im confident I had removed all the debris+ ball bearings, it had also damaged thee washer so im going to replace that also.

Yeah I have one here mate.. pm me ur address an I'll get it posted to ya man.

If you can't get to me go see troy at west coast mini moto. Rockingham. He is awesome bloke when I needed a new crank shaft he gave me a whole yx 160 engine with a snapped kick start an said ah just take it out of that it should fit an then when I asked him what I owed him for it he said nothing mate ya can have it..... bloody only bike shop owner I know that would give an engine away even if the kicker was busted...

haha, I called him when I left yours. im picking one up tomorrow, and some new gaskets

Yeah mate troy is a good bloke always has what I need..

carby runs mint.

so I got the engine together and back on the bike, but I was a little concerned with the kickstart spring mechanism.
eg coil with a catch at either end, engages the notches on the adjacent pinion and with the added tension from spring, helps to turn shaft with less effort.
PROBLEM
as soon as I was ready to put kick.s lever on I realized, the shaft wasn't returning to its original position, confirmed by trying to kick it over.
found lever would reach lower position and not return to top under spring tension.:no:

Im hoping someone can explain the position the kickstart spring needs to be in prior to joining cases?

Ill have to pull it out and do it all again... fixed the bearing though.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

only took me 2 hours flat to pull it off the bike, strip it down, reconfigure the kickstart shaft and get it back, ready to drop in this morning..
I thought the internal spring spun the adjacent pinion with 4 pins but not the case. I had to pre load the spring in order to maintain tension on kickstart. went back a treat and tested ok so far.

Good work man.. kickstarts can be tricky

Latest posts

Back