ct postie exhaust on a pitbike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perthrider

Reaction score
Has anyone tried fitting a ct110 or c90 postie bike exhaust to a pitbike before? Ive been looking for a way to quieten down my bike, besides the option of hammering a socket into the end which I imagine would restrict it too much.. ive already repacked my stock muffler but its still not enough, and i thought this might work.. so what do you guys think? and yes i tried using the search function.
Cheers

hey that looks good, any idea if it would be big enough for a 140?

you could remove the rear cap as it is just a bling bit, and you could drill some holes around the exhaust outlet, or leave the cap on and drill holes all around the outlet so you can keep the cap on, if you do that then it should be cool, but this exhaust will restrict performance a bit, i have seen a piece of solid round alloy with holes drilled in it also and screwed thru the side to fix it in the muffler tip.

im not too worried about power loss as im not going to be going WOT in my backyard haha, the only issue i would have if that the increased back pressure could damage the engine somehow.. but i like your idea about drilling holes through the muffler cap, by "around the exhaust outlet" you do mean this right? im not too familiar with the technical terms.. thanks for your help :)

im not too worried about power loss as im not going to be going WOT in my backyard haha, the only issue i would have if that the increased back pressure could damage the engine somehow.. but i like your idea about drilling holes through the muffler cap, by "around the exhaust outlet" you do mean this right? im not too familiar with the technical terms.. thanks for your help :)

Yeah thats what i meant mate, i dont think you would have a pressure prob as long as your crankcase breather hose isnt blocked.
2012-05-27142454.jpg

This is an engine oil breather kit you can see and behind the kickstarter is the dipstick which is removed and a supplied threaded cap installed with a hose attached and it also has a valve cover breather(top valve cover) which runs into the tank you can see then out a breather tube, relieving oil temp and pressure.

Thanks rotn, might have to get me one of those, they look trick aswell.. crankcase hose is fine. Have you personally tried the quiet pipe? How quiet actually are they? sorry for all the questions, dont want to throw away good cash!
Cheers

Questions are good mate no dramas, i actually replaced an old lifan 125 with a new YX 125 in a piddy today that had the same exhaust were talkin about and yes it is much quieter than the old straight thru muffler, its a good option for not upsetting people around you.

sweet as, ive got one more question :D i also ran across the idea of using the stock exhaust from a crf50 and apparently there also pretty hush. So basically, what would recommend? keeping in mind its for a 140, if that makes any difference.. Thanks for all your help

Dont know much bout the honda crf 50 exhausts, did an 125YX on a xr 50 the other day and cause the head and barrel is longer it needed mount to be modded, but im thinking the same for your bike with the crf50 pipe, it may come up short at the muffler mount maybe and not sure if the head exhaust port is on the same angle, but im thinkn it is, easy mods anyway mate.

yep nothing a vice cant fix! So its narrowed it down to these then:
The ebay muffler - A stock crf50 exhaust - and a postie c90 or ct110 exhaust (dont know which one)
Can pick all these up for under 100, just depends which is quieter :D Anyone else tried any of these?
Again thanks for all your help rotn +1

Latest posts

Back