CT110 conversion - Lifan 125...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Postie

Reaction score
Hi all,

Awesome site congrats to all involved!!

First up I don't have a mini, but i do have a postie bike!! Does anyone know if the lifan 125 motors will just "drop in".

And if so I'll will need to change all the electics as well?

Postie bike runs a 12v system. What about the lifans?

Cheers all.

Postie bikes.... Step thru or step aside!

Hey mate, i'm pretty sure Honda CT110 motor is the same mounts, although i would wait for someone to confirm this, if i am right then it should drop straight in.

I would recommend changing the electronics over. I would love to see whether this can be done, might have to get myself a Lifan fully worked and get a CT110 with rego and gear it up for highway riding lol.

Oh and yeh lifan is 12volt

Tired motor.....

hey thanks for the info!

The CT was a real postmans and when i got hold of it, it had 30k on the clock! Now she's starting to struggle at 33k and due for a new set of rings.

But boys being boys I want the fastest, wheel standing tyre smoking laughable postie bike around!!

To oversize the cylinder and associated parts It will be cheaper to buy and fit a Lifan or some such. Even with new electrics...

Thanks for your help I'll let you know when it's finshed!!

i have an 87 model ct 200 cc engine if ya want it, i was going to put it in a ct 70 frame,but ended up buying a z50 for a project bike instead

awsome, uve got the same idea as me when i get over the mini bike! fully manualised 140cc lifan inner rotor powered postie bike. Ha ha, will be a great laugh! Keep us updated!!

i have an 87 model ct 200 cc engine if ya want it, i was going to put it in a ct 70 frame,but ended up buying a z50 for a project bike instead

thanks, but I'll stick with the lifan mod! It's still my daily commuter and the 200 is a vertical mounted engine? so be a bit harder to pass off as a 110.

thanks anyway.

You'll have to get a lifan with a lighting coil or electric start if you want to keep the 12V... They are the same mounts just that you wont have the overdrive some of the postie bikes have.. but the 4speed box with the right gearing will problly out perform the 110 ct motor IMO.

I'm working on a CT70 at the moment and plan on getting rid of the 6v motor and putting in a Jailing 125, or Lifan.

Hey, a good idea would to make a dairy and post pics and things step by step on what you'r doing? And we could make it a sticky if it is anygood.

^^^ Yeah ive been keeping a photo diary going.. a few of the pics are here
http://www.planetminis.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=3&userid=3901

My CT70 as of a few week back
PIC_0006.JPG

ooh, nice mate. How much did that cost? it looks pretty good.

Pick it up for $800 , bit rusty but been cleaning it up and put around $500 more into it so far... new front and rear rims to be chromed in the pile of parts yet to be put on aswel as a new set i got the other day.

Latest posts

Back