CT110 sat for few days, lost all compression briefly

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangaBlitzFanga

Reaction score
Normally there's a decent amount of compression but went to start it again and it felt like a piston was attached and moving, but I could have spun it over with 1 finger. Took a whole bunch of fast kicks to get it started. After it ran for a while compression came back
I did the valves about 100km ago and they're at 0.05mm both.

What the hell? :action-smiley-003:

No one? really? only thing I can think of is the cylinder temp got really high, rings expanded and briefly got stuck against the cylinder wall?

May have had a piece carbon deposit stuck between one of the valves, maybe came off the combustion chamber, not sure lad. Is it normal compression now. Have you got a comp gauge?

Don't have a compression guage no, just going by feel of the foot. I know its slightly down on compression normally. When this happened though there was so little compression a guage would be useless, I could have turned it over with my pinky. I havn't ridden the bike for a few days so i'll update if it happens again

May have had a piece carbon deposit stuck between one of the valves, maybe came off the combustion chamber, not sure lad. Is it normal compression now. Have you got a comp gauge?

that was gonna be my guess also

besides somthing funky is goin on are you keen to rip the head off and inspect?
because if its a problem like a valve spring or a nut lost in there it could end pretty bad

that was gonna be my guess also

besides somthing funky is goin on are you keen to rip the head off and inspect?
because if its a problem like a valve spring or a nut lost in there it could end pretty bad

I've never pulled a 4 stroke head off before

I've never pulled a 4 stroke head off before

its pretty easy, if you need help or a tutorial just ask and if your local (just looked im not local) to me bring your bike to me and i can show you how to... if ya need a video tutorial i have a posty laying about that i could dismantle for the fun of it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back