CT110 sprocket ratio

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nghia

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a CT110 as a beginners bike. So far it does a great job. I find that I can reach a top speed of around 80km/h on a flat road. This gives me enough freedom to travel on most roads but would like a little *bit* higher top end, maybe 85-90km/h to keep up with traffic if needed. One solution I read is to change the front/rear sprocket ratios. Anyone with experience think this will work? Do I need to change the length of the chain?

Thanks a lot

wont be able to go any more teeth on the front, i tried and its just too tight, rear could be done easy

wont be able to go any more teeth on the front, i tried and its just too tight, rear could be done easy

Don't know what you're talking about man.

I have a 2000 model and I went up one tooth on the front to a 16 tooth and its great. When I ordered my sprockets at honda world the guy said you cant go any bigger or smaller on the back. You have to keep the standard 45 tooth.

I have had it up to 110 before.... The speedo only goes 100.

A 16 tooth sounds promising. Can I assume you got up to 110 by going downhill + drafting behind a truck? :) What kind of speeds should I expect under "normal" circumstances (eg. flat road, little wind) with a 16 tooth? For comparison purposes, I'll add that I weigh 75kg and ride with a 5kg backpack, so about 80kg total.

Well yeah just cruising on 80 say on a flat road you can pin it and get it too 100 pretty much. I weigh about 70.

Oh and when I was going 110, i was on a slight slope and i wasn't slipstreaming at all

maybe its just the old ones then, i have/had a 83 model and there is noway possible of getting a larger sprocket on the front. I thought they were the same.

might want to add that u got clocked doing 110km's by someones car because i dont trust your judgement of speed without a speedo that goes past 110km's

I found a 35 tooth rear? Made by takagawa or whatever? Would it fit a 90 model

the CT110 uses one sprocket between 86-98, and a different sprocket from 99-12. You would need to identify the sprocket that you are looking at, and which model it fits. It also would be a massive change from the 45 tooth sprocket that is standard. Are you taking this bike to the salt flats ???

It fits 99 and earlier. Just looking for a higher rev range for 90-100km/hr zones not going to the salt flats :/

hey guys are your posties runnin 420 or 428 chain? puttin a 125 into a mates for him and heneeds a new front sprocket and chain and im not sure wat 2 get

Latest posts

Back