ct110/zongshen 150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog93

Reaction score
me and the uncle were wondering if a ct110 gearbox will fit a zongshen 150 head and barel?

if not will a ct110 fit into the frame?

how do you get the round silver thing off the head? and does this open up to get to the timing chain?

Last edited:
there is a small bolt on the opposite side of the head. i dont think it will fit mate but all u can do is try hey.

yeh the ct110 motor fits in to the frame that the zongshen 150 was in if, it has the same mounting points as the crf50 it should, but the barel and head wont fit on im pretty sure.

no, no, no and no. stud patterns different, oil travels up the top clutch side stud on the ct110, not on the lower stud like all asians, and the crf 50/70's.
the mounts are different, in both distance between holes and sideways orientation...possible to mount, but why bother?
posties go like shit and theres no hop up parts unless you make them...

the cam sprocket covers different, cams are different....round silver thing? should be held on by two screws, then another two underneath that...depends what year, early ones had points, later ones had the cdi pickup on the head, latest models have it down on the crankshaft... only thing the same is the footpeg mounts... and the cdi unit itself...

anything else? even the damned carbies are diffrent on the posties, they use two fuel lines......sell the bottom end to satchy:)

Last edited:
there are some mods to make posties go quicker trust me and they great fun to ride... mine does about 110ks which is quick for a postie

racing cam/big bore kit/sproket changes/bigger carb with jets
hope to go abit quicker with a new exhaust set up

i did some major researches when i had my postie...never found any bbk kits for them. never found any cams for them. i didnt know of akunar then, so i could have changed my piston i guess. thats it. though i did find a 54mmwiseco at one stage. any bigger and it was too big for the barrell

your sources, please? only thing i ever found for them was to run them on methanol...

and yes, theres a guyy near me who races them out near mt victoria in the blue mountains...he never knew of where to get any major hop ups from either... nor did anyone in the club he was in...

mine did 100 anyway, stock... and the aircleaner mod did nothing but chew the fuel up faster...

take out the restriction, run a uni filter, whatever, you have to rejet it to .88 i think... been a long time now...

How can I make my Postie Bike go FASTER?

This is the question I am, without a doubt, asked the most. There are many ways to increase power of your postie bike. Below are some that I know of: (Warning: Most of these mods will make your bike illegal for on road use).

i. Reduce weight - remove everything that is not needed e.g. rear rack, crash bars, lights, battery etc. Note: The rear carry rack incorporates an airflow restrictor which will cause the engine to run too lean if removed. In order to get around this you need to install some other form of air flow restriction in the air intake hose or employ option ii. below.
ii. Modify the exhaust (by removing the baffles) and air intake (remove the rear carry rack) and
increase main carby jet size to approx 0.85mm.
iii. Change front/rear chain sprockets to alter gear ratios. e.g. Reducing the front sprocket by 1 tooth to a 14 tooth will increase acceleration but reduce top speed.
iv. Re-tune engine to run on Methanol (A Racing Fuel) Involves increasing
main jet to about 1.5 mm and changing engine oil. (a significant increase in power is achieved)
v. Increase compression ratio (requires cylinder head to be machined)
vi. Install a modified racing cam (available from Tighe CAMS in Queensland)
vii. Install a 125cc big bore kit - these are rare but turn up on e-bay from time to time.
viii. Have your engine professionally modified and dyno-tuned. (eg lightened
flywheel, lightened crank shaft and incorporation of mods listed above)

stright info from CT-110 Postie Bikes Home Page :)

How can I make my Postie Bike go FASTER?

The rear carry rack incorporates an airflow restrictor which will cause the engine to run too lean if removed. In order to get around this you need to install some other form of air flow restriction in the air intake hose or employ option ii. below.
ii. Modify the exhaust (by removing the baffles) and air intake (remove the rear carry rack) and
increase main carby jet size to approx 0.85mm.

v. Increase compression ratio (requires cylinder head to be machined)
vi. Install a modified racing cam (available from Tighe CAMS in Queensland)
vii. Install a 125cc big bore kit - these are rare but turn up on e-bay from time to time.
viii. Have your engine professionally modified and dyno-tuned. (eg lightened
flywheel, lightened crank shaft and incorporation of mods listed above)

stright info from CT-110 Postie Bikes Home Page :)

all good to know, but still...cams are custom made, not easily available off of a shelf,

and the bbk's are a rarity.... and the cylinder off of an actual ct125 doesnt fit. been there, done that:rolleyes:

sorry satchy we're(me & uncle) 99% sure we found the problem, going out to buy the part tommorrow.. there was a serclip stuck under a gear...

does anybody know what the timing is for the 150?

Latest posts

Back