Custom seat

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ash.onmtb

Reaction score
Looking for a tip on where to buy some high density foam to shape for a new seat on my pitpro140.

I've stripped off the cover and need to build up foam to roughly this level, and make it a higher density... Being 6'1", I need the seat to be flat accross the top, rather than sagging in the middle so I think I'll have to build it up and get it recovered. I just need the foam..

Clark rubber was a bust...

Off the topic of foam, BBR makes a very good high quality crf50 seat. if thats the style you need, as for were to go to get foam i thought clark rubber but obviously its a no go.

+1 for the BBR, bit expensive when compared with the cheap china ones that are around but its flat (tall) and it is a **** load more comfortable.

Check if there's a FRI (foam rubber industries) near you they would have what you need, but certain foams are expensive dude. Put the price of it and your labour on to might be worth doing a little overtime at work and buying the decent one! Just a thought?

A different Clarks helped me out.

glueing up and shaping tonight. See how we go...

Its one thing to buy one, but there is a certain sadistic pleasure in making one...

Think the foam was about $30 all up, 25mm, 12mm and 6mm for options. All glued up today, shape it tommorrow and hopefully get someone on the machine to sew up some vinyl for me... See how it goes..?!

would like to see a pic of the finished product when it is done if possible mate, could be well worth trying.

yeah not going to happen boss.

Contact adhesive, heat gun, lots of sanding, some upholstry work and she's apples.

Total cash cost - $30.

Everything else I had. Have fun if you give it a go, I can give you some tips that will help.

2012-10-24160427.jpg

2012-10-24154946.jpg

2012-10-24154959.jpg

hey it came up a treat mate, and is def a custom seat, well done.

colour isn't for everyone, but the vinyl was sitting on my shelves. As for the look of the seat itself, I prefer to ride my bike than stare at it, and thats where the benefit comes from. The natural seating position is now centre-rear, rather than sliding uncontrollably into the centre and bashing my knees on the bars. And the foam is a fair bit denser too, so it holds its shape. We'll see how it goes anyway. Price was right....

Latest posts

Back