customizing 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I have just brought myself a Thumpstar torque 125cc and I wont to customize it what things should i do to it??
Cheers

lol welcome to miniriders Vincent...
Yes, sadly the boys are right, the TDR's arent the greatest bikes out there, but they CAN be made into something useful... Had a young fella bring me the biggest POS TDR 125 a few months back, and with a small amount of work, we turned it into a useable little bike that was actually surprisingly quick....

First step is to turf the shitty lil 19mm carby and the equally shitty exhaust...

Get yourself on ebay, search DHZ's store, and grab yourself a 26mm OKO Flatslide carby, and a big bore exhaust... However, it may pay to email Ken at DHZ direct, and enquire as to what frame size their big bore exhausts fit, as many of the newer exhausts dont fit the smaller TDR125 frames...
If that is the case, try KDF Sport also on ebay, they sell a very nice lil big bore exhaust with purty anodised caps etc for a very nice price, which DOES fit smaller framed bikes...
With the OKO carby, you will need a K35 pilot jet, and K90 or K92 mainjet.... the jets supplied with the carby will be too big for the 125 engine, and will drown it with petrol, and run like a pig...
There are lots of threads within this forum about upgrading and modding bikes, check out the "bike setup" sub section in the Tech sections...

(i could link all the relevant threads, but i'm busy and cbf'ed... lol)

The TDR can be made into a good little bike, like any other cheap ebay shitter, it just needs some initial setting up, and a few upgraded parts... the one i did up a few months back, is still running like a champion and the young fella is happy as a pig in poo with it. :)

all comes down to maintenance and set up...
A TDR will never be a RevMX, but it'll still be a bit of fun... cheap fun at that....
Best part about the TDR's, is that with the usual upgrades, the increase in performance is far more noticeable than other bikes, cause they're so bloody slow and choked up to begin with. :D

Ok thanks THUMP* 140 for your advice you have helped me alot and buy the sounds of it i just went and wasted my money but its was a bargain at $150 anyways i will upgrade it with the stuff that you said and then i'll have some fun with it .
Cheers

nar bro u didnt waste your money with the upgrades thump suggested you will have a prety sweet bike . have fun

Latest posts

Back