damn road rules.READ IT

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makaveli

Reaction score
The choice of driving with our mates should be decided by us. Not the government.
How many people aged 18 and under, imagine themselves cruising with mates, doing the odd blocky or two?
(You must be dreaming)
What about the end of year 12 road trip?
(Forget it now and it's less disappointing)
Not only that, but what about the big fuss that modern society is making about the environment?
If we are becoming a more environmentally aware nation, then wouldn't it be a dumb idea to cut the number of passengers in our cars?
It's only going to increase the number of P-platers on the roads (increase in traffic = higher chance of an incident and an increased deterioration rate of the environment) as people who do decide to drive to parties, will only be able to carry one passenger (aged 16 to 21).
Instead of 5 people turning up in a car, only 2 will arrive. not only will this make it harder for you and your friends to get to the party, but it will increase the number of those who cannot drink and the number of cars at the event.
I dont know how others feel, but I believe one of the best parts of a party is the car trip. Having four of your mates in the car is the best way to get yourself excited beforehand, and then chat about the events of the night afterwards and cool down.
All of my friends love to have a few drinks, yet if they have to start driving as well, that will be the end of that. 1 in every 2 people will have to be a designated driver, unless someone is kind enough to make 3000 trips all over the country dropping their friends home.
Our rights as teenagers are slowly being diminished by the government. Not only the government, but the adults of our society who make decisions on our behalf. As if we aren't old enough to make our own decisions. We haven't spent nearly 13 years in school not to have learnt anything. We may not all be smart enough to get a 50 in all of our exams and finish with a score of 99.9stupid for our VCE, but we're smart enough to make our own decisions.

If you wish to stand up for our rights as teenagers and stand up for the right to drive with your friends, then please go to this website :

Rejecting the New P-Plater Laws Petition

and sign the petition to withdraw the new laws.

Repost this as many times as you like and to anyone. Repost it any where you like. Send it in comments, messages, scream it out of the windows of your bus on the way to school, I don't care how, just try and get as many people to sign it as possible. This is our future, it's time we took control of it.

If you do not repost this bulletin, your rights to drive with your mates will vanish into thin air as of the 1st of July 2008. I shit you not.
................................................................................................................................

It was on myspace so i thought i might put it on here as well.

Got bored reading after 2 people turnup to the party...

Flip side 5 leave party and end up dead cause the P plater driver was inexperienced....

my two cents...

i know what you mean mate. everytime im close to the age limit of get a licences of some sort like car and jetski etc. the stupid government changes the rules or whatever so that i have to wait even longer and it is really annoying. i was reading through the petition and in victoria they have to wait till they are 18 and they are on p's for 4 years which is just rediculous.

governments are just getting worst and worst :mad:

we got new restrictions like that in qld, only 1 passenger beyween 11-5 or sumthin like that its friggen s**t

Got bored reading after 2 people turnup to the party...

Flip side 5 leave party and end up dead cause the P plater driver was inexperienced....

my two cents...

easy 4 you to say.... you can already drive.

its not just about parties though cause most of us just wont to go out cruzen with mates and just drive around having a good time.

I have a brother that is in a wheelchair because of a drunk driver. His life as he knew is over.

The more we can do to educate young people the better. My oldest is 13 I welcome the changes even tho i'm going to have to spend 100 hrs beside her while she scares the shit out of me learning how to drive.

All the bitching in the world will do nothing. Get over it and be grateful you can even drive at all. You could always get back on your pushbike!

Last edited:
Hhahahaha sucks to be all of you. I got my P's just after all this "hoon" crap got in the media. The only restrictions I have is that I am not allowed to drive turbos, supercharged or V8s. It doesn't bother me tho, im still turbo charging my car. Back when I was on my L's I only had to do 50 hours of driving and be 17 years before I could go for my P's. I only did around 20 hours of driving and forged the rest. I passed with flying colours :D. I only have a bit over 1 year to go before I am off my P's.

since i was like ten I've always wanted to go on road trips and stuff with a few mates. just the freedom of it would be so great. now they are trying to make it so we won't be able to it sucks. Victoria is one of the leading places in the world for road safety. this is just another stupid law IMO. not all teenagers are out of control. maybe they should only make these laws for the people doing the wrong thing.

how is limiting the number of passengers going to make the driver more experienced?

Ok so two will die not five -
Less people in car, less noise, less distraction, less yahooing out windows..

keep fighting - it's a loosing battle. The only way you'll win is by growing up.

the few spoil it for the rest,not all p-platers are idiots(though have seen my fair share)what is needed is better education and compulsory driver training.it may help or it may encourage p-platers to do the wrong thing thinking that they can handle it.....they can not.
maybe the road toll is the price we pay for private transport,i mean 19 million ppl,there is bound to be casulties.the government is tryin to help p-platersbut unfortunately they have no idea how to so they just put more restrictions in place

the few spoil it for the rest,not all p-platers are idiots(though have seen my fair share)what is needed is better education and compulsory driver training.it may help or it may encourage p-platers to do the wrong thing thinking that they can handle it.....they can not.
maybe the road toll is the price we pay for private transport,i mean 19 million ppl,there is bound to be casualties.the government is trying to help p-platers but unfortunately they have no idea how to so they just put more restrictions in place

i couldn't agree with you more mate, im sick of the government prosecuting all P platers wen it's only the minority that are idiots.

Get ya mum to drop you at the party, you wont have to worry about parking or smashing your car.

Not all P platers are idiots but the majority of idiots on the road are P plates (or just off them).

I would save your energy for something that is really important, the overwhelming majority of voters (the people who vote in the guys who make the rules) are adults and remember the stupid things they did as teenagers and also witness p plate cars doing stupid things.

In 1972 there were bugger all cars on the roads compared to now but more than twice the number of people died each year on our roads. The toughening up of road rules and ADR standards have contributied to this.

I am old enough to remember the outrage when these rules came in:

seat belts
RBT
Child restrants (baby capsules)
pushbike helmets

Before these rules driving home pissed not wearing your seat belt with your baby on your lap and running over a kid with no helmet was considered normal.

In 10 years time (ok mabey 20) you will see a p plater with a car load of mates at 3am and say to your wife "look at these idiots"

Last edited:
evry one speeds anyone who says they dont is a big fat LIAR.its just the p-plate drivers are under the microscope and the papers and crap media shows like today/tonight love a good p-plater story.there is a time and a place for evrything and some lack the commonsense to know where is appropriate.

Ok so two will die not five -
Less people in car, less noise, less distraction, less yahooing out windows..

ok what about parents with three children in the back seat yelling and fighting?

I dont see too many p-platers yahooing out the windows, but if there are idiots like that then they are the ones who should have there rights taken away. not everyone else

i see more dickhead 29 year old in there coonadores hooning around then p platers
i dont know many people over the age of 30 who actually follow speed rules
yet people just com in g into the scene who havent even had a chance to prove there skills
are held back by people like governement and adults
honestly
to be 19 and not make ur own decisions
thats fucked

P plate's are there becuase of how many younge idiotical hoon's that get themselves killed.

yeah thats what the media says. its all young people ay

The mum with 3 screaming kids probably has 10 years behind the wheel, as well as the skills to ignore the kids as they probably scream all day. As good as you think you can drive now, you will be better in 5 years time.

The fastest I ever drove was about 140klm (and it was in a 60 zone on a surburban street). Guess what it was the first day I got my P's on my way home from the test. I also had a couple of drag races in those first 2 years (every time I drove my brothers V8).

I can tell you that I havent exceeded the speed limit in the 13 years that I have known my wife and neither has she.

Can you now see why I support anything that forces those P platers to slow down.

I heard they are trying to restrict P platers from driving 6 cylinders now.... Its a shame since a lot of sporty 4 cylinders are a lot quicker then commodores, falcons and a lot of the older v8's.

Latest posts

Back