Damn you dad!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHZminiriderz

Reaction score
Okay so mum and dad said that i could buy a moto with my own money, so yeah i saved up $1200

Dad comes up to me and sais, your not still getting a motorbike are you, im like yeah. Hes like well your not. Im like why not? and we had this big arguement and he sais that he doesnt want me to get one because he doesnt wanna have to work on it or take me places. I said that it would be a good learning process for me coz im gunna be a diesel fitter and i said my friends have already said they can take me places.

So i bought the bike anyway and had it for about a week (I was hiding it at my mates house). I decided i would be honest and bring it home so i could tell him. He calls me up at work and he was very angry about it.

When we got home we sat down and had a talk, he said i wasnt allowed to buy one and i said IT WAS MY MONEY THAT I SAVED UP FOR BECAUSE YOUS SAID I COULD. We had a big argument and they had stupid reasons for me not to have one. They always complain about me being on the computer and not getting outdoors, so when i try to get active outdoors and have fun, they just say no for no F*****NG REASON!

He said I either have to sell it or he will give it away. All my friends parents said that it was my own money so i could buy it? Dad is just such a **** head

so you complain to some guys on the internerd from all over australia and you think this will convince your dad? lol

when i say this i speak for most other guys here we don't wan't to here stuff like this sure we always here to help but this is just plain time wasting and point less

Sorry mate, but my interpretation of ridiculous is 11 threads in 4 days.

We,ve all tried to help, now its just getting outta hand.

Well im not asking for help at the moment and some of those were not asking for help.
Not trying to argue with yous, yous are great people for helping other guys but im just not very happy :mad:

even I have had differenences with my old man, but i never ever have publicly hung him up to dry. have some bloody respect kid, or move out of his house.

i know what u mean man i bloodly hate it when my parents do that they used to say u should get out doors and shit now i have a moto there like i wish u were one of those kids who playes xbox all day, im like for **** sake u wanted me to get outdoors 2 months ago. But over time he will prop just let u keep it haha coz he wont be ****ed to do anything about it.

let me know what happens, i think im the only one interested here...lol
my dad was heaps happy because i learn't so much shit there's something you can't learn at school its actually doing it u really learn.

THANK YOU, I used to play xbox everyday until they took that off me. So they said i could get a moto, i went out and bought all the gear before i got the bike and they were like yeah. Then they said no, i had already spent like $400 so i was gunna get a motorbike. I think that dad should have some more respect for me more like it, he lead me on, i worked hard for the money and then he just shuts me down

if the kid needs to vent he needs to vent after all we all all mates here, but yea i can understand about the so many threads thats fair enough try to keep em down a bit...

But yeah i understand where your comming from they say one thing then you spend heaps of time and energy doing what they first said only for them to turn around it can be a real pain in the ass! What i would suggest is try not to fight with him just state your case and then leave it like people say he will probably just leave it. Just dont give him a reason to get more angry i.e starting up your bike all the time and being noisy just keep it quiet and you might be able to play it out.

good luck mate.
Sam93.

Your dad needs a back hand for starters
also do you have a farm or size able land to ride this bike on?
or like trail near you

besides you right it is good practice for being a mechanic or a fitter of any kind
Ive learnt everything I know by ripping apart engines and putting them back together while looking at the internals

no i dont live on a farm or land but their are a few trails in walking distance. I have just ordered a few more parts aswell..

meh , we all need places to vent... here is his place.

if the kid needs to vent he needs to vent after all we all all mates here

hmmm lovers much? :hump: lol

Theres def no prob with the kid venting...the multiple threads bit is what was getting me..

And your excuse? all your gonna do mate is annoy people.

I only really posted threads coz i get pretty bored lol.

Being bored and starting a thread is something we've all done..but not when we have 10 other threads on the go..

slow it down a bit mate and im sure you will fit in just fine, like Sambo said...we are all friends here. Good luck with your dad.

Wayne

Being bored and starting a thread is something we've all done..but not when we have 10 other threads on the go..

slow it down a bit mate and im sure you will fit in just fine, like Sambo said...we are all friends here. Good luck with your dad.

Wayne

Yeah well i havent been a member for long so i have no idea

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back