Dark's China build (with pictures!)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkRayne

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my 2011 yamoto 125cc bike, this is my first pit bike, and so far (nearly two years) later has proven very reliable.

Mods:

Protaper handle bars.
Protaper grips.
ASV billet clutch and brake levers.
Billet brake pedal.
Billet gear shifter.
Billet fuel cap.
Billet oil cooler.
Pitster pro race exhaust.
Billet rear wheel and hub off a piranha p-160R race bike.
Pitster pro LXR rear sprocket and brake disk.
DNM 295mm rear shock with fully adjustable compression and rebound.
Marzocchi replica 735mm front forks with fully adjustable compression and rebound.
Aftermarket triple clamps.
Aftermarket front brake with oversized front disk.
Jim beam racing graphics kit.
Mikuni 26mm carb.
Tb 411 race cam.
Billet quarter throttle.
Kenda Carlsbad front and rear tyres

Future mods:

Gpx 125cc race engine with Tb V2 race head and 26mm OKO carb.
Marzocchi or Fastace AKX01RC forks.
Billet extended swingarm.
Billet front wheel and hub.
BBR gripper seat.

Please tell me what you think, and feel free to give me advice on future mods!

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG
004.JPG005.JPG 006.JPG

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hey dark, that is a really nice clean build mate, i love the height and the parts used, i cant see anything on your bike that shouldnt belong there. Its one of the better yamoto pittys i have seen on here. :applaudit:
If the bike was mine i would do a couple of things(just my opinion mate), Id be running a fuel filter for sure, i the other day pulled the rear cup off my muffler(same as yours) and removed the centre cone section from the tip of the muffler, inside there is 2 screws and it just comes straight off, i got a great deep note from the muffler and more bottom end power from breathing easier, and last the oil cooler lines are prone to melting and they can be hard to route due to length and rigidty, this link shows how i do it and i have never had one come off or leak and they will never melt,http://www.miniriders.com/chinese-minis/35664-2012-160ho-vert-6.html , But once again thats just my opinion and if you leave it without doing any of these your bike is still a really great build and thanks for posting the pics mate , and i love the fact you still have the yamoto seat on the bike.

Looks the business with some nice upgrades. Visually I'd put a larger front fender on it as for some reason it looks too small. Might be just me? But looking sweet

Thanks for the input guys, will def look into what you said rotn cheers! Looking to get the Gpx motor in next week so ill keep u guys posted!

That cooler kit would be a great mod on your engine mate,
2012-05-21144015.jpg
2012-05-21144047.jpg
This is on my 160yx motard and works very well and does its job great, This is the same cooler but i think it has more rows than the cooler you mentioned, all in all that cooler will be really good, the solid cooler you are now running is straight in and straight out i believe were the cooler in mention has actual rows for cooling like a transmission cooler on a car, you may need to mod a bracket to mount it to but is well worth the coin spent and will help with the longevity of your engine. One thing though im pretty sure the GPX cooler lines will run to the crankcase and not the head so you will only need a cooler and oil line and not the heat sync for the head.

your bike looks sick man, love the position of your cooler!

ok you have sold me on it, ill get one for my gpx motor. cheers

The link above is thru china and will take the same time to arrive from the states, this cooler has more rows than the tbolt one also, this is the exact cooler the 2 motards run and work the best i have seen a china cooler work, cheers dude
2012-05-21144259.jpg
the blue one has a china yx150 4 valve motor and the red is a yx 160 2 valve and both run identical times. See if the link to photobucket allows you to look thru my account there is quite a bit of other stuff also.

Very cool man, wish I was as mechanically minded as you. Alright we'll that's the best option considering its a third of the price as the piranha one. I'll just have to get the rubber lines hooked up and will be good to go. Cheers man!

Latest posts

Back