Darren's cr80/85 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren89

Reaction score
I thought i would finally put one of my builds up!

I picked up this 1999 cr80 on the weekend (400), wasn't expecting much from it.
However when it rocked up, i took one look and was pretty stoked with my buy.
The owner had blown the engine and wasn't mechanically minded and was out of her budget to fix it. However that would suit me perfectly because i will do a 101/105 kit on it.
Points about the bike:
* The bike has what i believe to be 2003 cr85 tank and the cr85 tank plastics conversion done.
* all new wheel bearings and also some brand new head stem bearings in the packet waiting to be installed.
* believe to be gold excel rims with good tread on tyres
*protaper bars
*brakes all work perfectly
and few other bits and pieces.

The plan for my build:
* replace all bolts etc
*strip frame and get it powdercoated (silver/alloy), the frame is quite tidy just the usual rub marks from boots and stone/rock marks at front near bottom (looks worse in pics cause the frame is dirty and greasy)
*do shock bearings/linkage etc (they dont need it all bearings are pretty sweet but will do it for peace of mind)
*setup suspension for my weight etc
*new plastics in white (got to find out what bits of a cr85 kit is compatible with the rest of the bike)
*new seat cover or seat
*new set of graphics
* build up engine
* and the usual other bits and pieces

heres some pics of it (looks a bit out of shape but the tank, seat, wheel etc arent bolted down), photos bit blurry from night time

P7240037.jpg

P7240033.jpg

P7240028.jpg

P7240034.jpg

P7240035.jpg

man that was a good buy!mates old yz85 use to lift up in everygear with me on it and i way 100kg and from what ive heard cr's have a bit more balls so good luck with the build up mate !

few more pics

Cheers for the comments. yeh cant wait to get started on it, already got full allen key stainless bolt kit for it coming.
Nah im not a painter lol in the progress of cleaning up garage.
Heres a few more pics and my custom stand.

P7240045.jpg

P7240044.jpg

P7240043.jpg

needs a wash

P7240042.jpg

P7240041.jpg

P7240039.jpg

P7240031.jpg

P7240030.jpg

P7240029.jpg

Sick as bro! and I mean awesome!
Looking forward to seeing this build greatly

if you ever see another deal like that please tell me cuz I would buy it in a heart beat!!

Kind regards,
Carlton

Latest posts

Back