Data loggers , anyone got one ??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damonator

Reaction score
hey guys
i was thinking the other day about taking my bike to a dyno place at my friends house but i thought, y not hav one at the track. DATA LOGGER. Umm has anyone got one and which one is the best. i was gonna use an app on my iphone but they are all pritty bad but i havent used them properly sooo...

umm i dont know is there one that dose both like a kart data logger. umm but maby that one for porformance and but i think i found an app on my iphone but i havent tsted it yet :) hope it works well

Funny you should ask this, the last two weeks I've been trying out Race Chrono at Archerfield with a Qstarz 818x.
So far I love it! Best thing ever!
You can either use it with just the data it provides on your phone via the Race Chrono s/w or you can copy it to a laptop and use 3rd party software. I tried out one called Performance Box/Tools. You can create an overlay of the track and checkout lines and speeds and compare runs. Londin ran it for a session and we could then compare his best lap to mine and see our different lines and see what was faster or slower.
I was actually going to put some screen shots up this week some time, I'll try to get my arse into gear.

I've ordered the Qstarz 1000eX and have been trying Westinghouse's and hooked, big time!!

Here you go. My best run is in red, Londin in blue. I made the track overlay by walking it a couple of days before and saving the file as an overlay. It can do loads of other stuff, I just can't be bothered making more screen shots. The bluetooth GPS module cost me about $90 from Hong Kong and the Race Rhrono and Performance Box s/w is free, which runs on sybian OS mobile phones.

RaceChrono - The GPS Lap Timer

PerformanceBox - Datalogger and Performance Meter

Qstarz BT-Q818X Bluetooth Sat Nav GPS Receiver 66 Ch - eBay, GPS Systems, GPS Navigation, Electronics. (end time 10-Aug-10 04:00:50 AEST)

Performancebox1.jpg

Performanceboxmap.jpg

The cursor on the graph relates to the cursor on the map, and the relavent data for that point of the lap is in the spreadsheet under the graph.

Also the map isn't totally accurate, but it can be adjusted. Apparently it's more accurate if you map it on the same day as your runs.

After seeing the lines Londin was taking compared to mine, all I had to do was start taking his line, eg tighter entry to turn 1 and tighter exit from final hairpin right, and he could no longer pass me til I stuffed up. Haha!

Last edited:
By the way, Performance box is so easy to use, they have a bunch of tutorials on their website that spell it out pretty good.
Also you don't have to use Performance box, Race Chrono is a great little program on your phone and you can get top speeds and lap times and split times and everything, compare runs, I think you can export lap data to other phones to compare laps too.

After seeing the lines Londin was taking compared to mine, all I had to do was start taking his line, eg tighter entry to turn 1 and tighter exit from final hairpin right, and he could no longer pass me til I stuffed up. Haha!

.oO(Stupid GPS data logger - showing all my secretes....guess i just have to ride even harder now...damit!:frustrated:)

Some GPS data from today, still trying to work out how to get the data I want from the program but having a blast playing :)

0-77 KM/HR 5 seconds flat, and in 61m - with clutch slip & stuffed up 3rd to 4th

Top speed from today was 86km per hour - couldn't get 90km/hr no matter how much i tried :(

0-77.jpg

time.jpg

For lap times i am using catell motorsport lap timer on my iphone but i was thinking of that efi kit thats at the start of the thread

Nice thread, what an awesome piece of gear.
Just can't believe how cheap this stuff is getting, this kind of technology years ago would have been thousands!

Does anyone know how well this would work in the bush?
I've a track about 800 meters where the phone signal is ok, but not fantastic, does the gps work off a phone signal or is it completely separate?

Although basic, i used sports tracker on nokia. doesnt overlay lap speeds ect.

Got an iphone 4 today, cant find that catell motorsport app. Any other good ones around?

Bioflex, should be ok in the bush but don't quote me, people use GPS locators and navigation equipment in the bush all the time. Also it's only GPS, so no phone service needed.

Latest posts

Back