daytona 190 or 184z

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It states in the description that it comes with a klx style front facing manifold that's probably why he grabbed the rear facing one.
I like how in the picture it's a keihin carb but in the description it says its just a 28mm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ahh you are right, I didn't read that far down, LOL. Yeah thats the Tb replica carb. Styv runs it on his daytona, should be ok.

I was just about to buy this kit next week, now im having second thoughts. Styv's fault

No disaster here lads. Lets hope the 190 s dont have anymore worries or you will all go back to 184s lol. The lads just enjoying himself and as for money, well james likes to spend it freely;).

$922 smacharoons!! geez for a couple hundred you get alot better motor and better relability i know what i have done!
the daytonas need more hours on them before you could say that... maybe they have a rod failiure that you may find out about when it blows your cases, bore, head to smithereenes

Ill shout it to te rooftop THERE A BETTER AND MORE RELIABLE MOTOR I HAVE EVER OWNED!! End of story buy one.

Iv done 12 HARD race hours on mine and nothing but a blocked carbu has stopped me

remember its a $700 difference between the 2 choices in the end.
and being able to make use of the 4 engines i have is more than a bonus.

my yx160cc with only 5 hours on it will be used for the 184 v2 kit.
the low hour parts from that will be used to rebuild my SPARE yx150cc

my 160 rebuild kit that i have will be used to rebuild the other 160ho

bearing in mind i still have my recently rebuilt klx 150 with only 9 hours on it.

and then i have 3 newly built bikes, one of them running a 184 v2 new setup on a fresh motor and a SPARE YX150cc with only a $400 option to put a v2 head on it plus a freshly built yx160ho and a low hour yx150!

i dont see any problem with my choice :)

and all still below budget than the uncharted and mainly unknown limits of the 190.

Last edited:
the daytonas need more hours on them before you could say that... maybe they have a rod failiure that you may find out about when it blows your cases, bore, head to smithereenes

One guy blows a conrod in like a thousand of these engines on planet minis and you feel that it's unreliable, I'm gonna be going with styv as he by the looks of it rides harder then any of us.
There for knowing by experience, in my short time of owning one can tell you it feels strong & pulls harder then you would ever imagine a horizontal engine could.
Each to their own either way his spending money on what he wants and loves to do and will have a ball doing it. lets face it, it's all really luck of the draw with engines anyways one can be faultless and last forever and another can just blow apart for no reason.
Your gonna have a blast with the extra power James, enjoy.

One guy blows a conrod in like a thousand of these engines on planet minis and you feel that it's unreliable, I'm gonna be going with styv as he by the looks of it rides harder then any of us.
There for knowing by experience, in my short time of owning one can tell you it feels strong & pulls harder then you would ever imagine a horizontal engine could.
Each to their own either way his spending money on what he wants and loves to do and will have a ball doing it. lets face it, it's all really luck of the draw with engines anyways one can be faultless and last forever and another can just blow apart for no reason.

im not saying they do have a problem im saying i dont want to be the one to find out IF there is one :p

I agree with you there. I had a yx that blew 3 times in only a few months. It seized up then freed then blew the conrod and gear box 5 minutes later after getting it back from the shop, next engine lasted few more months then chipped a tooth. Repaired it and lasted a full year and few months riding 1-2 times a week.
It's luck of the draw

I saw that planet minis thread think he said it was the one before the FDX

Latest posts

Back