daytona manifold/carb bolt spacing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headsmess

Miniriders OG
Reaction score
hmmm...time i got a straight answer on this.

whats the distance between the mounting holes on the daytona 190?

this here manifold 30mm inlet manifold suit Fuel injection pit dirt trail bike Daytona 190cc 150 | eBay appears to be pretty well much what i need, but the listing states 58mm between mounting holes.

asked the vendor, and either he cant use verniers, couldnt be bothered using verniers, doesnt want to sell the item, or is actually correct in saying the holes are 58mm apart.

most manifolds/carbs are 48mm, correct? but then, i havent played with a 190cc yet...

sheesh...28 bucks for a manifold... probably better off to cast something up myself...

Will pull the inlet off callums bike tonight to double check, but i do know that they are spaced wider than the 160s..

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

hmmm, i eventually DID find a listing for a carb boot using 58mm holes, so it appears that it may actually be 58mm.. shame.

oh well. i need a 28mm ID with 48mm holes with an EFI boss for my injector. this is why i got a 3d printer!

i have always wondered how ABS will go instead of wax in the "lost wax casting" process!

lifan 140 with high lift cams and, erm...a turbo. fitted in a honda C50 (cub) frame.

got an ecotrons kit, and other than a few little issues, mostly with the throttle body, it works fine. the throttle body is an absolute joke, from the mounting flange being 90 degrees out from where it should be, to the injector port being GLUED on! i have made an adaptor plate so the throttle actuator and the air bypass are accessible rather than pointing down towards the cylinder, and the TPS doesnt interfere with the frame. if i had known this, i would have ordered the kit with a clamp on throttle body without the injector port...oh well.

electronics wise, its a great starting point, though the harness will be getting chopped up and rearranged to suit my frame down the track.

for now, its running, but i cant do much else until i swap over my front forks so i can actually ride the darn thing and get it tuned in... a wideband O2 sensor would be nice but costs almost as much as the kit, so i will just do the old "seat of the pants" technique along with datalogging...

then hopefully, i just gotta go get an engineers cert for the new engine and exhaust work, and get the lil sucker registered again :)

lifan 140...cheap to buy new, reliable, and...um...did i mention cheap?

proposed manifold i just drew up on sketchup... printing one out right now :)

manifoldefi2.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds awesome mate, wish i had the skills to run efi on the 190 and 201, but its beyond me so i'll stick to the ol carbs i guess lol.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

its actually proving to be easier than running a carb. after the first initial OMFG learning the software, i can make it leaner or richer across the whole range with the click of a button. set it as if it has a choke that gradually turns itself off as it warms up rather than either on, half or off, tune each point in the graph of throttle opening versus rpm versus temp, blah blah, yarda yarda... no ****ing around with different taper needles and e-clips or removing the carb bowl to try a different jet. no pulling over on the roadside, pulling the plug then tearing the carb down to adjust something. for 350 odd dollars, im pretty happy with it.
problem is i dont have a smart phone that runs android or a laptop so datalogging on the move may pose a challenge...

other than the hassle with the throttle body hitting everything, it took all of five minutes to actually install. has its own CDI so at some point i will also be mucking around with ignition curves. for now im using the stock lifan unit. got myself a 12 pole 3 phase stator that doesnt have the cdi coil...just for charging a battery with plenty of power in reserve for the lights etc. this is meant to be a road bike, after all...

currently attempting to fit the forks from an R15, disc brake front end should make it that much easier to get certified :) have to replace the steering tube for something a bit longer, and slightly thinner. i dont really want to cut the tube out of the original forks just yet.

Any one know of a company that still makes a mounting bracket for rear disk brake master cylinder for a stock xr50 frame?

Latest posts

Back