Daytona Progress CDI

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorman

Admin "The Cougar"
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on the Daytona Progress CDI box?

Will this work well with a TB 88kit in my CRF50 or is this specifically for Daytona motors?

Or am I better just buying the TB one?

Here is the link to the one I'm looking at:

CRF50

and the TB one:

Classic Honda 50's Australia

Last edited:
there is no CDI box out there that makes a difference to a 88cc:p;)..get the one looks more bling!!

there is no CDI box out there that makes a difference to a 88cc:p;)..get the one looks more bling!!

Really? I would have thought if you could change the ignition mapping then there must be some benefit?

Will just got the TB one if that's the case then as it's 1/3 of the price.

That damn dyno sheet everyone is refering to haha!

There must be something wrong with me as I can chuck on my stock rev box and then chuck on my kitaco rev box and there is definatley a difference there , much crisper response and it does rev out harder and cleaner. May just be in my head , but.......

TB one's are cheap at $35 get one of them.

Im thinking of getting a daytona outer rotor kit so I'll sell you my kitaco ( The best of the rev boxes haha) if I do?

All good.

I will just buy the TB one if that is going to do the same thing. Not much point forking out more for no benefit. It's a 'high performance MX' CDI so should do the job. Just thought the Daytona may be better in someway.

Never been to into Daytona's stuff.

I had a TB rev box before my kitaco one , it looked preety good and did make the response nice and crisssssssssp.

Get some photo's up of your little honda , tis an awsome bike!

I thought Daytona stuff was the top of the line?

Sweet as. I will go the TB one then. Thanks Unit.

Will get some build photo's up soon when I do the 88 kit. Got a fair few other things for it as well so should be sweet when it's all done. Trying to get the Tribal Honda graphics made for me from the black CRF250's. They looks sick on black plastics!! First things the big bore kit and frame bracing.

i have one on my vert pro with an outa rotor kit (bike is standard) i like the daytona cdi as i can play with the mapping on different tracks and stuff very simple to do aswell.....i got a mapping diagram off corey58 which helped alot

if the daytona allows you to change the advance curve at will, id fork out the extra and experiment...

how things have changed from the old mechanical and vacuum advance hey?

Dont bother with the Daytona stuff. Its such an un-needed waste of money for a 50. Just get the TB Rev Box and it will run sweet, its only an 88 crf50 not a full on 450 race bike haha. People i know who have had Tokyo mods setups etc have never used them to there full potential anyway. The bike will run well enough with a TB CDI.

Far out I want that Vortex one!! Looks trick as. Bet you that costs an arm and a leg.

I will definately stick with the TB one. Thanks for the help guys.

I thought Daytona stuff was the top of the line?

thats high tech
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/9800/vor006.jpg
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8531/handlebarswitchyellow3.jpg
;)

no seriously...the change on the daytona won't do much to change the characteristic on a 88cc!

..and @ unit: If you still think notice a difference with a change of cdi...then your carburation is still off:p;)

The lazy man's jetting , just slap a rev box on it.

Latest posts

Back