Decent frame and suspension?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rach88

Reaction score
What's a good frame that that will help the handling? the pitpro frame is terrible, i worry the bike is gonna slip out form under me at any stage. I like the height, but the front wheel seems to not sit out as forward as other bikes. Also need some new rear suspension for my bf fat arse, his 80kg? It's only a pit pro xr150, but i don't mind spending some money, i figure if i get decent front and rear suspension and a good frame now I can just build on it from there.

I really like my braaap frame but it's on '07 model and they don't make them the same anymore! I don't wanna make the pitpro any smaller.

I don't really know what prices I should be looking at... but I'm happy with second hand or buying from ebay!

what front tyre do you use? my 07 vert pro with standard tyres in 3rd and 4th on not so rough tracks just felt loose, good front tyre, few suspension adjustments and its heaps better, handling is still crap compared to a mates sons 2003 small wheel cr80

Rach the frame on the Pitpro is probably the last hurdle i would jump in chasing better handling.
First step would be to replace the tyres with something decent.. Kenda Carlsbad or Millvilles are a good start as far as minis go... Make sure they have rim locks on both rims, as this will allow you to run a lower tyre pressure, which will assist in handling.
Then i would look at replacing the rear shock with either a Fast-ace or DNM rear shock, as these are a good mix of affordability, and performance.
Forks, maybe look at either some Fast-Ace AS-01's, or GPX "Showa" copies...
I think you'll find with the decent tyres, decent air pressure, and upgraded suspension, frame replacement wont be necessary.

I weigh 85kg and I find the fastace shock on my 140xr holds up fine, The stock kenda tires are ok but a bit too hard.

the forks are rubbish so I got some GPX forks from DHZ, they're pretty cheap if you call ken and ask for a deal. After an oil change they're bloody good forks.
Thump... "showa copys"?? I though GPX were zocchi copys? I've got a shiver manual and they're pretty much identical except for the compression adjustment at the bottom.

I also want to upgrade the frame but have no idea what frame to get, I find the handling to be pretty sketchy too.

^^^Mate i've no idea what sort of forks they're meant to be copies of... Mine were listed as "Showa" copies...
Mind you, they're pretty different to Shivers, as shivers run compression and rebound damping in both legs, GPX's run compression in one leg, rebound in the other. I havent found an oil change necessary in mine, but it sounds like they may actually be different to yours... mine are the "gold" ones... didnt you go black?
I've found the Twin Tube Trellis frames, as used on LAST years DHZ monsters to be pretty good. very solid, but i'm sus on the rake of the headstem.. makes em tricky to jump for beginners... but if it's just a scrub bike you want, i highly recommend the twin tube trellis frame. Pretty sure DHZ still list them on egay.

if u want there a shop in the usa that sells a new frame wit the linkage like a pitster u get swing arm frame a dnm shock and the linkage al for $52o us not sure how much that is in aus $

yep I got the new black GPX's, rebound at the top compression at the bottom on both legs, in the shiver manual it's rebound on one leg and compression on the other, so it sounds like your's are more similar to the shivers in my manual. maybe you should do an oil change to some 20w it might make a huge improvement, it did for mine, they were very useable before the oil change too, just a billion times smoother now

Hmm... may just do that, cause i cant fault the GPX "golds" as they are, if new oil have improved yours, it may well be worth doing.

Latest posts

Back