Decomp kit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judge

Reaction score
Just a quick question does any one know where to get a cheap decompression kit for a 160 ho,155z motor other then Dhz any

for what motor and what style decompression? the cnc actuating arm is probably the easiest to install and to use
apparently the decomp buttons dont last long

Last edited:
Yeah the Cnc actuating arm an it a 160 ho motor all so know as 155z

Last edited:
The decomp button comes already built into the v2 and if you buy one your wasting your money unless you need to replace an existing decomp on your v2, don't cheap out on a decomp buddy, but in saying that all I have really seen is the decomp cams, lever type decomp and rocker cover attachment and the button type on the v2.

The lever rocker style decomp is a really good setup mate and its highly recommended, the parts are of a high quality and although there is a lil bit of setting it on the valve side you just take your time and don't rush, heres a couple of pics I got when installing one for a customer.

^^^^ Yep, that's the one I've got on my bike. Works a treat. You will have to make adjustments a few times after installation as the cable and parts bed in. Had mine since April. Makes starting sooo much easier.

How's it go in terms of moving parts like its sturdy and how much does it hang out is it likely to get hung up on stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rotn50 that's the one I want to get like the photos i need to get one for my sons bike he finds it hard to kick it over is there any where I can get one cheaper then Dhz funds a low at the moment I'm trying to find the cheapest way out of it

For the stock head then that lever type decomp is by far your best options. As said the push button decomp is only for tb heads and the decomp cam is expensive and better suited to high comp setups

Rotn50 that's the one I want to get like the photos i need to get one for my sons bike he finds it hard to kick it over is there any where I can get one cheaper then Dhz funds a low at the moment I'm trying to find the cheapest way out of it

I haven't seen them anywhere else apart from sites in the UK and US, I don't like mentioning this but it is a personal thing and I know a bloke that has done this for hes young fella, he actually adjusts the intake valve so it is very slightly tight lowering the compression due to the valve being ever so fractionally slightly tight lol. It is one option and working on piddys every day not a service goes by rarely that I don't come across valves that are to tight and some of these bikes have been running like that from new or for a long time.

How's it go in terms of moving parts like its sturdy and how much does it hang out is it likely to get hung up on stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That bike in mention is a road racer, but there surely is the opportunity for something to get caught up on it for a dirt bush bike, due to the length of the cable I think(struggling to remember) I think ids the reason it went on the bottom rocker, but if you have room and the cooler isn't in the way and the cable can be routed im sure you could use the top rocker dude.

That bike in mention is a road racer, but there surely is the opportunity for something to get caught up on it for a dirt bush bike, due to the length of the cable I think(struggling to remember) I think ids the reason it went on the bottom rocker, but if you have room and the cooler isn't in the way and the cable can be routed im sure you could use the top rocker dude.
if you can find a sturdy place to hold the cable holder on (eg on the bottom rocker its attached to the bore) so you would probably have to tap a new hole for it and find a way to route the cable of cause

Is it hard to set the decomp kit to the motor does it just bolt on that's it or is there more to it

Is it hard to set the decomp kit to the motor does it just bolt on that's it or is there more to it
Witch style? the cnc one with a arm that you can actuate from the bars you just install it on where the exhaust valve cover is..
the button i would not worrie about all i hear is them breaking
the auto de-comp cams.. need to be takey or machined to suit and need to be installed like any other cam (providing the mechanism is already in place) and is the best and worrie free imo (but also pretty expensive)

Yeah the Cnc actuating arm one I've been told u have to adjust the valves clearance is that right or do u just bolt it on an go

Yeah the Cnc actuating arm one I've been told u have to adjust the valves clearance is that right or do u just bolt it on an go
Yeah adjust the valves mate.. all the "cnc actuating arm" is a bolt when you pull the lever your turning the bolt into its thread and pushing on the back of your rocker adjuster holding the exhaust valve open :) there for decompressing..

Would u know wat the exhaust valve clearance needs to be to set the decomp kit up

Last edited:
i would say 0.004 inlet (inches) and 0.006 exhaust thou.. it will push the exhaust rocker well more than 0.006 down so dont worry about that

0.003 inlet 0.004 exhaust anything above that is useless and make your top end rattle more than it needs too

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

0.003 inlet 0.004 exhaust anything above that is useless and make your top end rattle more than it needs too

So the valve clearance stay the same when u put the decomp kit on just bolt it on an that should work is that wat ur saying nickv1980

Yeah mate the decomp unit has a little mechanism that just holds the exhaust valve open when your starting it finding tdc once you let it go it's no different to your run of the mill z155 without decomp

Latest posts

Back