demon 125,first things to be done??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers mate :D

soon as I knock off work today I'm gettin a few of those babies then riding off into the wind

lol... or sunset... whatever

yeh the demon seem like good bike for what ya pay,mine was $511 + postage,plus 3x 1 L oils for service NGK plug,and whatever else i wanted to change,like handle bars to BMX(awsome comfyness),did u tune it,or still running dodge,after a tune it will be sweet for ages,where abouts are you located?

mine was $320 & I conned a friend to pay for the postage :eek:
I'm gettin it back today (was at a garage)... tuned i guess...lol... we'll see :rolleyes: with all the stuff I've read off this forum in the past couple of days, I should be right should anything 'minor' halt my fun :)
& I'm in cambra! perfect place to have a dirt bike in the suburbs really, coz there ain't much else to do!

Last edited:
ahaha sweet ,let us know how it runs after ya get it back,take it for a good long run

man, I'm havin sooo much fun :)

We made a figure 8 circuit using some cricket nets and a big kick arse tree to mark out the hairpins and have been doing laps round that all day.. My friend has come off twice already, and the gear lever has been bent completely out of shape, twice, then bent back into shape, so that'll have to be changed...

Otherwise, The carby still needs work, One of me NGK plugs is absolutely useless, it's black as hell when i take it out (slightly moist too - which I know is not good) and the bike refuses to start when it is in.. I have another one (NGK plug i mean)and that works as it should, it's still black as hell like the other one, but at least it fires up everytime..

My mechanic said that the bearings on the swing arm are already farked, probably because the chain was too tight when the bike was shipped..
dunno what that means :/

best $300 bucks I ever spent :) tomoz we're gunna go out bush and give it hell. Should be good :D

ah yeh sweet,ppfft fuk the bearings,prolly jsut wants your $$,and as for the plug use the NGK which fires first time,and as for it being black,mines that same so i assume they all are,its just fine sooty crap,should still be sweet

ah yeh sweet,ppfft fuk the bearings,prolly jsut wants your $$,and as for the plug use the NGK which fires first time,and as for it being black,mines that same so i assume they all are,its just fine sooty crap,should still be sweet

I had a blast with it yesterday... ran through a full tank with my friend, just doin laps of this figure 8 track we made the other day :D
I came off and bent the gear lever back myself, but that’s been fixed already with a good ol fashioned hammer bashing.. Good as new, I tells ya!
Towards the end the bike was running really good. We started it with the good plug, warmed it up, then put the other sooty one in which wasn't starting and it ran fine from then on.
We also played around with the carby a fair bit & When we took the plug out after the run it was on it's way to getting that creamy colour, which is what ya want, ya?

The mechanic didn't charge me anything for lookin at it, he said lettin him ride it would be enuf payment lol.. The bearing on the chain side of the swingarm does move around a lot like he said tho..

Probs go thru another tank after work today.. So much fun… I can hardly contain my excitment... oh boy :D

ahh nice sounds like fun,yeh u want a nice clean tip on your plug,usually go a slight white dull spot in the middle,u thrash the shit outa it or what,i hurt mine soo bad,still starts easy and goes good as ever, i love it!!

Distroy that cheap chain!!!

It is not worth punching a hole in your case for the sake of get a bit of use out of a cheap chain, A good stroong Oring with not cost you much in the sceme of things. Having to retension your chain all the time takes its toll on your axle bolt heads and pull back nuts. an oring chain may need 1 or 2 retension and then will stay put (more or less)

also the grindy noise that comes from the cheap chains is very distracting.

u thrash the shit outa it or what,i hurt mine soo bad,still starts easy and goes good as ever, i love it!!

Hehe yer starting to.. I'm surprised its gone so well tbh lol.. tomorrow we're taking it to a mates property on the outskirts & givin it hell.. shuld be wikkid :D

Last edited:
fark..

the threaded bit of the fuel tap that goes into the tank snapped, ffs..
I came home to the stench of petty all over my garage floor coz the bike slowly pissed itself while I was away at work :grumble:

And I'm havin a bitch of time trying to find a replacement.

Will post a pic of that shoddy china steel when I break out today :p

damn thats unlucky bro, get yourself down to a wreckers if you need to, more than likely you will find a replacment there if your still having problems finding one. get some pics up though bro..

Cheers, Tony.

lol thread will pop outa the tank from overtightening the cap. happened to me also. i just glued the thread back to the tank. you have to be very careful not to ride with your chain too tight. as yes this does screw the rubber gromits in the swing arm. but they will be screwed after not to long anyways. one of the biggest inprovments i made on mine. was to weld a chain guide onto ther swingarm. lol just hacked the guide off a old xt 250 i had lying around. also make sure you keep an eye on the swingarm as they are pretty weak an have a tendancie to twist. oh an one of the most important things to keep tightened are your spokes. as the rims will fall to bits easy as.

lol was my bad. just joined today. seen the thread an couldnt help meself.

help

hello i´m new to the site and i looked this site for some help i have a 125 demon and it can´t acelarate to maximum and warms up too fast can anyone tell me whats going on

sorry for my bad writing i´m portuguese

Latest posts

Back