DHZ 140 Forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edzy

Reaction score
hey guys
latly ive been bottoming out my forks alot
how can i make them hard (preferably alot stiffer)
with fork oil , what oil do i need to get? can i use normal car oil?
if so what grade? 20-50?
also one of my forks is leeking at the bottom.
are fork seal easy to replace?

thanks

use a high grade of oil, How much do you weigh????? and fork seals shouldnt take you that long to replace.,
Chheeers man

Buddy, if they are stock dhz forks I wouldnt bother. They are known to be too soft.
You should look at geting some aftermarket ones.

they are able to be made harder

dont be so narrow minded eyy

If you were a serious rider you'd get new forks knowing that stock forks are nowhere near hard enough even when fully adjusted.

yeah id love to get some as-02s or a set of dnms but my wallet disagrees with me atm.
so im going to try and get the most out of these ones.

serious responses only (no downers)

you will want to drain and measure how much oil comes out of the fork that isn't leaking for a start.
Then go something like 15w or 20w fork oil (Motul stuff is $15 per litre)
You will have to check why your fork seal is leaking, one of mine started leaking when I was playing with them and they just had some stray material under them, cleaned it out and all good now.
If you do this and still are not happy then you will either want stiffer springs or to preload your current springs to make them stiffer.

Yeh i would give about 15w - 20w oil. My mate put kx 60 springs in his and changed oil and they seemed better!

Hi guys,
I have a Pit Pro 140 2008 model, and I have the same problem with bottoming out. Instead of stuffing around could I fit some forks from another bike straight on? Maybe the wreckers will supply some CRF50/110 forks or something. Does anyone know which USD forks would fit straight onto my bike?

SEARCH, i have covered this subject soo many times, i would write it again, but couldnt be bothered repeating myself, please take this as constructive criticism

Latest posts

Back