dhz 140 turbo

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsmith81

Reaction score
i came onto this site a few weeks ago to find info on my newly aquired pitpro. i wanted to turbocharge the little sucker, and figured this would be the best place to ask about it.

before i posted a question about it, i did a quick scan to see if anyone had asked before... they had. with quite a negative response from pretty much everyone that responded. and i can understand that response, EVERY mate of mine looked upon me with disappointing eyes, followed closely with the line '...your f*cked!!' when i put the concept to them.

so me being the, umm... logical person that i am, i went ahead and did it anyways.

forgive my ramblings, i do stupid crap like this all the time, and i like to celebrate when they work.

the turbo is a AISIN unit, believed to be from a daihatsu charade 1ltr diesel (believed to be an import car).
its a draw thru setup. originally it had a 25mm carb on it and it spiked at 3psi then dropped to 2psi. so i stepped it up to a 30mm carb and it now runs 5psi.
and before anyone asks, its not very laggy either, makeing boost just after shifting gears. i have a vid on my phone of my drunken mates attempting to do a burnout (it was a pretty lame attempt), but the exhaust was a bright shade of blue, and lookd quite cool. will post as soon as i fix my phone.

i hope to get it to the dyno this week after i've welded an exhaust on.

i just wanted to post this so people know its possible.

04082008001.jpg

04082008007.jpg

04082008008.jpg

04082008009.jpg

wow thats sweet good to see ppl try different things well done m8

PMSL Ledgen

tip top effort ,even if it dont work its still pretty cool

youtube that sucker and watch the hits man

ya lets see a vid best effort ive seen bro good stuff

Bloody good stuff mate. I was planing on turboing the engine in my Z50 awhile back. Good to see im not the only mad bugger on here

Id be very interested to see a dyno run, if u get a chance to get it on the dyno then video the run so we can hear it and post up the results.

Top effort mate

thanks alot guys.. stoked with it so far.
it made the 5psi sat night when it was really cold, so not too sure if it'll be the same when its warmer. turbo cars tend to see more boost when its cold due to the density of the air.
but i must say, it sounds pretty sweet, not quite as much bark as a factory one.. but the turbo whistling as it spools makes it sound the goods. havent had a chance to ride it properly. which is good, cos it really needs to be dyno'd first.

so how long ya rekon ur motor will last punchin 5 psi through it?

thats a good question, but at 9.2:1 i think 5psi is pretty safe, but if the motor lets loose with a wayward piston i'll buy another motor and decompress it to something safer. but at the end of the day, they're a cheap engine to replace.

Dont forget ya dose pipe!

i used to think BOVs were a load of wank too. until i turbod a car without one. the boost forced the throttle open when you took ur foot off the accelerator, making the car go faster instead of slowing down. after installing the BOV, it was perfect.

everything has a purpose, you just need to have a use for it to understand what the purpose is.

BOVs should be plumbed back rather than releasing all that built up pressure into the atmosphere coz if the pressure is there then u should use it. I know BOVs may sound cool but its just not worth wastin all that built up pressure is it?

Latest posts

Back