dhz dpro125 or Atomik Reign bigfoot 140?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellrazor

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm fairly new to all this stuff, but was looking at a couple of bikes.

I really like the dhz but have read that people ave been having trouble with the new 2009 model ( i presume with the hosheng (i think thats what it is) motor),which, as far as i can read are sh!t? but have read that some that are available have the lifan 125cc in it. Are they still ok? is it worth spending the extra $100 and getting the 140cc?

Also, would this be preferable over the Atomik reign Bigfoot?

I just want something a little more jacked up than a normal "pitbike" , ie, pitrpo, atomik nitrous, moto vert etc.

Any thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated.

dhz KILLS atomik, atomik are garbage while DHZ are half decent and after some mods it'd hold up nicely.
lifan 125 has a solid reputation for reliability compared to most china engines but I think you be best of with the DHZ 140 it just looks like a better bike all around, just get some tires/bars/filter/shock and you'll be sweet
the big wheels are just gay and atomik is gayer

i was lookin at the dhz125cc but thought for an extra couple of hundred it might be worth getting a 140, me and a mate ended up getting the 140's for 950 each.

its been about 9 months and the bikes are still running smooth even with no mods (besides kenda tyres and a sticker kit) i reckon there a top bike and for 1050 new its a good deal

anyway, let us know what bike you end up getting.

Hi guys,

Thankyou for your replies - really appreciate them!

As for the bikes, the dhz definitely sounds more the go.

DHZ 140 where did you get your 140cc for 950?

And also, sorry for posting this in the wrong forums page - i only realised this morning i put it in the crf/ttr etc section!

Thanks again!

call DHZ and make him an offer ;) he doesn't mind moving on the price, or get him to throw in some extras like unifilter and protapers

yeah.. dont be afraid or embarresed to ask.. 100 dollars off the price of the bike is worth going though that awkward stage of the bargaining haha. yeah or pay full price and ask him to throw in some kendas,he usually will. and make sure you record the phone call if possible. you never know, he might go back on his word when you get to the shop!;)

AND TRUST ME, IF YOU GET A 125, AS DUMB AS IT SOUNDS EVEN IF YOU ARE A NEW RIDER, YOU WILL RIDE IT A COUPLE TIMES AND SAY FUC|<.. IM GETTING BORED OF THE POWER I WISH I BOUGHT A 140.

good luck with your purchase anyway. let us know how it goes:D get a good price on it.!

Last edited:
Oh cool,

Thanks for all the tips and advise - that's great. The one's on the website have the Zongshen motor in the - i've heard they are a piece of shat compared to the lifan motor? You guys also said instead of a discount, ask for more parts - do the air filter/ tyres make a fair bit of difference to the performance of the bike?

I'm down in vic - so i have to get postage on it as well. - but i could put that in the offer?

Thanks again - all help is greatly appreciated! Can't wait to get one!

protapers bars first then chain then unifilter then tires then shock.... that's the most important mods in order..... because all those parts on the stock bike are rubbish, the upgrades will last a LONG time and make the bike more reliable

Epic. sounds good! What about the Zhongsheng motor ? Are they junk compared to the lifan?

dunno mate but I'd think it'd be alright, these engines are all very similar
try searching I'm sure it woulda been talked about before

yes the mechanic from dhz said that the 140 zongshen is a better make then the lifan.
oh and see my avatar.. thats my 140.

Last edited:
atomik is rubbish rear shock falls apart on a 1/2 an inch of the ground on a jump and engine breaks after a cople of rides my frend has one 2 weeks old shox fell apart and another one won't stay going

dhz 140 - of course he is going to say that! He is a salesman! It's what they do!

?? he is??? awesome me might be able to give you a better price!!! DHZ 140 why didnt you tell me you were a salesman?? and how do you juggle school and being a salesman as the same time. this blokes a friken champion!

I was referring to you.....

Sorry - i'm a touch confused and excuse my ignorance

zongshen 150 suck (got one) lifan are way better than zongshen..

right click the search button and open in new page, thats how you open it up(search function). using the search function will most likly answer anyother questions you have..

Go the 140, or do what we have done, and buy a cheap 2nd hand pitbike for $150-200, and bin the 125 or run it into the ground and u/grade to a 140cc motor.

The extra torque alone is well worth it.

Latest posts

Back