DHZ OUTLAW 160R

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingWhales

Reaction score
After spending weeks looking at bikes (literally) I have finally come to a decision that I am going to get the DHZ OUTLAW 160R thanks to this site. Before hand I was looking at the ATOMIK bikes and all these other Chinese bikes, but after discovering this site and reading a lot of threads, I am staying away from ATOMIK and a lot of these other un-named China brands, DHZ seem a lot better. So I am going to buy the Outlaw160R with Answer Rockstar Helmet and Answer Rockstar gloves, also buying a Pro Taper bar with it. Is there any thing else I should buy to replace stock parts straight up? Just some feedback in general would be awesome cheers!

I would Get a decent chain like a DID because the chain they come with is s**t and stretches pretty quick and ends up coming off and smashing your ignition cover.

well getting anew chain before you ride it would be smart. another thing you should do is drain al fluids out of the bike. i mean brake fluid, fork oil, and this is very important, Engine oil. once this is done put some mineral oil for the donk, and some 10w fork oil for the forks and some decent dot 3 or 4 brake fluid. you may have to replace the tyres after a while, and if you can grab a uni filter, there worth it. after all that is done, i would ride it and have fun :)

all good mate, and is your name a reference to gojira's song "flying whale"? if so, thats sick mate!

Get them to throw in a uni filter with it aswell mate, new Ngk iridium spark plug, fuel filter and depending on wether or not they still run the crap kicker get a forged kicker.
Like blender said change oil before you even start it to a 10w 40 mineral oil.

and also check your valve clearences (forgive me if im wrong craig, haha)
set the inlet at.003 and the exhaust at 0.004
hope i got that right for once, LOL

Thanks guys you have been a big help! Looking forward to getting this bike! And yes, it is reference to Gojira's song Flying Whales! Great song, Great band! \m/

Thanks guys you have been a big help! Looking forward to getting this bike! And yes, it is reference to Gojira's song Flying Whales! Great song, Great band! \m/

sweet dude, good to see there s another dirt biker that likes gojira :). have u listened to the way ofall flesh? if not listen to the art of dying and toxic garbage island! killer songs!

Before you go buy anything mate, get yourself some decent oil to throw in it first. Then get some decent foam filter oil and then get yourself some decent chain lube!
498AA041-8A5A-49F0-AB2C-BE2F4A193DEE-6451-000003537D575255_zps018ba6a4.jpg

Oh and some good old Wd never goes astray either! :)

Those three things above will save you from plenty of headache's down the track.

Which pro taper bar kit are u getting?

Thanks for the info mate! I'll make sure to do that first off, cheers for the pic! And I got plenty of WD for the Mountain bike! :p

Oil maintenance is king on bikes mate, personally I change my filter and chain oil every ride and my engine oil every second no matter what the hours.

Some people will tell you that it's to often, and there probably right! But it won't hurt your bike
And I see it as reassurance. Prevention is better than a cure! :)

Oil maintenance is king on bikes mate, personally I change my filter and chain oil every ride and my engine oil every second no matter what the hours.

Some people will tell you that it's to often, and there probably right! But it won't hurt your bike
And I see it as reassurance. Prevention is better than a cure! :)

Amen to that brother...

Well, looks like I'll be doing the same thing, better to be safe than sorry! Thanks for all the advice mate, its really helped :)

Sorry to be a pain, but what unifilter should I get? It goes from 28mm to 48mm and all the ones in-between, which one do I get?

Cheers.

I'm not sure yet Phil, any recommendations on what Pro Taper bar kit I should get?
Cheers.

I'm not sure yet Phil, any recommendations on what Pro Taper bar kit I should get?
Cheers.

well the standard bars people put on "minibikes" is the pro taper "xr se" (im pretty sure thats what there called??) DHZ sell them in a pack with throttle, grips and a few other odds and ends, all adding up to 279 buckaroos. not bad really. as for what uni to get, you would have to measure the diameter of the carb on the bike. that is the end the airfilter clamps onto ;). the best way to do this accurately is to use a set of verniers, but a careful eye and a accurate ruler will still do :)

Hey blender that kit is for a crf50, you only need the bars mate. There's 2 options that dhz sell hi rise or low rise.
ajupehad.jpg

use5uqym.jpg

From memory the carb that's on that bike is a 30mm mikuni which runs a 44mm air filter.
pezysupa.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back