DHZ140 now with headlight

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoluver

Reaction score
Got this spotty off my mates ute. Wasn't working when it came off his car so I connected it up the the Lifan and she works. So I made a bracket, screwed it on and then used zip ties to hold it in place while the front brake line holds the headlight pretty firmly. Lucky I guess because the bolt was to long to fit in between the high rise things for the hangers. I also wired in an on/off switch for it (right switch on the hangers). Its very bright.
img1262yd0.jpg

img1261qg4.jpg

img1263ty1.jpg

img1260pu6.jpg

bit of a tip take the globe out when you dont intend on using it
otherwise you will be foreva fixing broken globes ha

but very sweet setup it would be real handy for those late night camping missions

good work

p.s did you hard wire straight out of the magneto or did you go off the regulator or what
let us know as i might look into it for my thrasher

bit of a tip take the globe out when you dont intend on using it
otherwise you will be foreva fixing broken globes ha

p.s did you hard wire straight out of the magneto or did you go off the regulator or what
let us know as i might look into it for my thrasher

Thats why I put the switch on.

And Im not sure. I just connected it to the yellow wire tucked away with all the other wires under the petrol tank??? Only took me about a hour.

the vibration and jolts when you crash will pop your globes
it used to happen on my old xr just a thought

the vibration and jolts when you crash will pop your globes
it used to happen on my old xr just a thought

Oh, I never thought about that... I guess your right. If it brakes it brakes....:mad: You cant open these things up they are sealed.

You hooked it straight up to the stator? Without a reg? I would have thought it would blow as soon as you revved the bike...

You hooked it straight up to the stator? Without a reg? I would have thought it would blow as soon as you revved the bike...

Well I'm thinking it is wired to the regulator not directly from the stator. I didnt pull apart the bike at all I just hooked it up to the yellow wire under the tank, but yes I think it comes from the regulator. Nope hasn't blown. Went around the block last night revving it hard too.

Latest posts

Back