Dies out in fourth after a while

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throtl

Reaction score
Iv been giving my bike a good hard run today there was no holding back I pushed as hard as it can go. Firstly I dont think this bike can hit 100kmph with a 76kg rider on it. In fourth gear at full trottle it reaches max speed then goes ok for a while and then it kind of cant hold on and almost dies out, Theres also some backfiring happening. I always ease off as soon as it dies out, if I dont it conks and makes a noise like its a piece of crap then kind of picks up but im not going to push my luck and hurt the poor thing. Does or has this happen with you guys, I was thinking that it may have something to do with not being run in well in fourth.

It sounds like it is sucking more fuel at full revs than can be supplied to the carby. Have you got a filter inline? It could be gunked up. Or maybe a kink in the fuel line. I've seen that before with the shitty hose supplied with some bikes.

Mack, they were my initial thoughts also that its not feedining enough petrol through. Today I took it out again and im happy to say that it did briefly conk but not as bad as yesterday. I thought stuff it im going to hold on and see what happens. Anyway like I said it briefly conked then went fine and even gained more speed. Iv been running it in fourth more today and the engines just getting better and better. Gave it a few more full trottle runs in fourth and its getting better, last couple even went smouth. I expect next run it will be fully run in.
These engines and bikes arnt too bad for the money, im pretty happy with it. :)

My bike is started doing it again, this time I held the trottle it konked I keeped hold of the trottle and it was just dead until I let back on the trottle and pull it back again.

Mack whats this filter inline ?

In-line between the tank and carby, a fuel filter.

Latest posts

Back