Difference between Japanese and Chinese engines

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vic1616

Reaction score
Hey guys,

i have a question that hopefully some of you can answer... anyways, If i were to have say a legit honda 125cc dirtbike and a regular 125cc chinese pitbike would both engines deliver the same speed? or would the japanese (honda) 125cc go faster then the 125cc chinese pitbike and why?

all depends what kind of motor, how many gears, what the gear ratio is etc
Just like a regular 125cc honda stock motor with all its gears, well my 125cc pitbike has 4 gears, if a honda 125cc motor is more powerful than a chinese 125 engine with 4 gears, why

Just like a regular 125cc honda stock motor with all its gears, well my 125cc pitbike has 4 gears, if a honda 125cc motor is more powerful than a chinese 125 engine with 4 gears, why

Sounds like you need to do some research!!

The 125 Honda is a CR125. It's a 2 stroke and would eat your 125cc China for breakfest. I'm not going to list all the reasons why as it would take up 5 threads.

Japaneese built bikes are of a much higher quality than China ones. Not saying China bikes are all bad, but japaneese ones tend to be a lot better quality all round.

Sounds like you need to do some research!!

The 125 Honda is a CR125. It's a 2 stroke and would eat your 125cc China for breakfest. I'm not going to list all the reasons why as it would take up 5 threads.

Japaneese built bikes are of a much higher quality than China ones. Not saying China bikes are all bad, but japaneese ones tend to be a lot better quality all round.

but arent all 125cc motors the same, i meen there all the same size , how can it be different whether the engine is chinese or japanese, there both 125s, so your saying that the honda 125 motor is more powerful than a china 125?

so your saying that a Ferrai 4500cc motor has the same power as a 4500cc toyota land cruiser?

lol im asking you... i meen shouldnt a honda 125 be the same speed as a china 125 since the displacement is the same or is the china 125 slower

as the old saying goes "oils aint oils..." There is alot of differnces in these engines, bore stroke ECT... Even down to the differnent composition of metals that are used. And as a general rule the Japanese do it better, then China try and copy, at a much cheaper price.... To get cheaper prices you have to compromise on something....

Plus the cr125 motor is vertical not horizontal like 125 China motor

Plus its a 2 stroke vs 4 stroke . putting it short , the 125cc 2 stroke is more so a 250cc 4 stroke

instead of us going into the massive massive mechanics of an engine and how it works lets take a broader approach.

it is to do with the research and development and quality of the metals large reputable companies put into there engines over the chinese makers who would simply melt down old cans for there metal and attempt to copy the designs of companies like Honda.

can you post a link to the Honda 125cc motor you are comparing it to?

For example Porche make a GT2 RS which has around 395kw and a 3800cc motor. a Mitsubishi Mangna also has a 3800cc motor but only produces in the vicinity of 100kw. this is because Porche has researched and developed, reseached and developed, researched and develope ways to make the same size motor make much more power. All those little men behind the scene's that are working to make the motor better need to be payed a salary so the cost of the car is more.

same with the honda motor. the little men that make it need to be payed for there good work so the cost of the motor is more than a chinese man that just mashes things together says her you go one motor coming up.

And talking about say a crf50 engine bored to 124cc ... well that would dominate the china 124cc

Just the heads on the kitaco/takegawa/daytona 124 kits are 10x better for intake and outtake of fuel/air/gas etc then a stock 125cc china head .

If you have not the slightest clue in engines , which it seems . then start from the beginning and learn , wikepedia / youtube etc helps alot.

sorry i didnt meen to compare a 2 stroke to a china 4 stroke, as i thought the 125 honda was a 4 stroke X). so you cant compare a japanese 4 stroke 125 to a china 125?

sorry i didnt meen to compare a 2 stroke to a china 4 stroke, as i thought the 125 honda was a 4 stroke X). so you cant compare a japanese 4 stroke 125 to a china 125?

Yes that's exactly what was said.

There are plenty of other threads that explain the workings of a motor. Read up some more on it and all will become clear.

This is not going anywhere constructive. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back