different lifan engines?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxman

Reaction score
does anyone know what the difference is between the lifan engines that have the clutch arm at the back of motor near the oil dip stick and the other engine that has the clutch arm at the front near the barrel.Is there any advantages or disavantages in this.Dont know which one is best to buy

the one near the dip stick will start in any gear where the one that is at the front of the motor will not.

then how they still advertise them that they start in ant care? the ones that you say that dont,are they any good

if its the black lifan 125cc they are pretty poor quality according to some people on here i have never had one so i am not sure about the quality, they do not start in any gear, the Grey lifan with the clutch mounted near the dipstick are good engine i have one and haven't had a problem,

Last edited:
yep the other one isnt black its grey.Just want to make sure im buying a good engine.Its the clutch arm at the front that bothers me.thanks for your help dude

Daniel are you sure we have the silver engines? Ours are grey and I have seen actual silver engines.

if your thinking bout getting the grey start in any gear lifan i would have to say its a great engine ;) worth the money havnt had ne problems =)

i got mixed up Sidney ours are both Grey i have never seen the silver one besides on ebay from America, the Grey starts in gear so the only difference is silver doesn't start in gear and the color i am pretty sure correct me if i am wrong, the black lifan 125 that doesn't start in any gear is the engine people say burns oil the silver i think is exactly the same as the black 125cc just different color i don't no if they both burn oil this is what i have heard.

silver lifan: eBay Motors: CARB Lifan 125cc Motor Engine XR50 CRF50 XR 50 70 CRF70 (item 110147121880 end time Jul-14-07 22:39:28 PDT)

Grey lifan: (this is the 138 but the 125 looks exactly the same)

eBay Australia: LIFAN 138cc upgrade your 125cc thumpstar fast 50 (item 330145480874, end time 12-Jul-07 22:41:50 AEST)

Last edited:
I have a black painted lifan
its starts in any gear

doesnt burn oil i have had no problems....

i am talking about the black lifan 125cc not the 140cc.

Hey guys the colour of the engine means jack! Suppliers can order them painted any way they like.
The main difference between the rear and front mounted clutches is that the internal design of the engine is different. These are still good reliable engines, its just that they have a different crankshaft, gears, countershaft, and clutch set up. The clutch arm is at the front because the clutch in these engines runs directly off the crankshaft.

black lifan = cast iron head not alloy! thats the only differences

ohh and if it is start in any gear or not...

As mack said the color means nothing, and is not a good method of deciding weather an engine is a good one or not, using the model number would be much more grown up.

my main worry is the clutch arm is at the front,Like the one on ebay you showed me.I just need to know if there is any difference of the one that has it at the very back

Latest posts

Back